Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Feeling more than a little nostalgic for ATWT today. And at least with Holden I had a starting point. I wouldn't have a clue about searching out the others. Other than I doubt Luke got anywhere near a motorcycle on the show.

Re: David Harbour/Shanks....he might have started as early as '97. They still had a fair amount of extras running around then. 

• Members

Wheeler had wanted Peter Simon back for some time and they did everything they could do to get him. They wanted PS's Ed Bauer back for the whole time that Sebastian was on. Simon felt he had been burned or mistreated both by Rauch first & then by Conboy & he was never one to suffer fools lightly. Courtney even tried to help out. So, Holly & Ed was definitely on Wheeler's wishlist. They even let that mess with their timing.

I have a Martha CD & I love it!

• Members

Even though individual efforts are greatly appreciated, I mentioned Twitter because it's a far more accessible platform and tend to get a lot more traffic than most eponymous websites these days, I'm afraid.  ATWT and many other soaps need a highly visible platform to help keep the memory of these shows alive.  No offense, but these soaps are not going to get much sunlight being tucked away on a website.  

Y&R sucks as a show these days but it generates a pretty respectable following that keep the show visible (as terrible as it is) via its official Twitter page.  I'm pretty sure the show's Twitter feed gets a lot more traffic and interest than most other sites on other platforms.  These soaps, especially the canceled ones need visibility if they are to be remembered.

JMO.

• Members

I looked more closely at alinaadams.com & she has a twitter feed on there:

Later that same year, I did the same for the newly canceled Guiding Light via an even more innovative format, Twitter, as one character, Mindy Lewis Bauer, continued sharing the lives and loves of her friends and neighbors with the show's fans.

I believe that P&G gave her permission to do "AWToday" & now they have given her permission to do "Mindy's Twitter". Looking into a twitter feed for ATWT doesn't look too far away, if you ask  me.

• Members

I spoke to Alina Adams & was shocked to learn that once P&G took ATWT off the air, they pulled the plug out from under her on AW Today & on Mindy's Twitter Feed! She pointed out to me, though, that they couldn't stop you from doing an unofficial twitter feed. I liked her thinking naughty thoughts!

• Members

I missed this post at the time - I had no idea she was Billie Eilish's mother. There is something of a resemblance. Apparently she and her husband (who was also on soaps - Patrick O'Connell) went on Howard Stern today with her and her brother and revealed to her live on-air that she was conceived via IVF. That's...a unique way to reveal such news.