edgeofnik

As The World Turns Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Khan said:

No, I always figured the final four would be B&B and Y&R on CBS, and GH and AMC on ABC, with NBC out of the soap race entirely.  (Remember, this was back when Jeff Zucker was still in charge at the Peacock network, and he seemed DETERMINED to make NBC Daytime one long "Today" block).  OLTL was never in anyone's "final four."  Even when that show had its' highest ratings during the late '70's and early '80's, it still was seen as ABCD's red-headed stepchild, a placeholder between AMC and GH.  Which is why AMC's cancellation, rather than OLTL's, took literally everyone by surprise.

Oh yes jeff "days wont live past 2009" Zucker. 

Edited by AdamNewmanFan

22 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

Some seem to think days will not get renewed next year but i think it will be fine for atleast this year.  

This is an unpopular opinion, to be sure, but I really believe DAYS would be better off gone.  NBCUniversal/Comcast has slashed the budget so much -- and you know that if it is renewed, they'll just slash it even more.  Hope DAYS fans love the Blue Room, because it will be the only set you will ever see.  The ONLY set.  And they won't even bother redecorating for each new scene anymore.  You'll just have to take the show's word for it that you're in a completely different location.

13 minutes ago, P.J. said:

I guess I understand why it never happened while the shows were positioned better---the shows actually cared about continuity, the scheduling, and PITA-ness of it all....and the "crossover event" wasn't a thing yet. But YEAH, it would've been LIT to have any sort of interaction between the shows. 

Well, I've always assumed that one reason why ATWT and GL never had crossover events was due to the fact that the shows didn't run back-to-back in all major markets.  That was especially true when CAPITOL was on the air, and maybe even SFT before then.

Edited by Khan

5 minutes ago, Khan said:

This is an unpopular opinion, to be sure, but I really believe DAYS would be better off gone.  NBCUniversal/Comcast has slashed the budget so much -- and you know that if it is renewed, they'll just slash it even more.  Hope DAYS fans love the Blue Room, because it will be the only set you will ever see.  The ONLY set.  And they won't even bother redecorating for each new scene anymore.  You'll just have to take the show's word for it that you're in a completely different location.

Well, I've always assumed that one reason why ATWT and GL never had crossover events was due to the fact that the shows didn't run back-to-back in all major markets.  That was especially true when CAPITOL was on the air, and maybe even SFT before then.

days will be filming 12 months in advance. ugh it will be bad. 
pretty soon it will be like guiding lights final years.

27 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

days will be filming 12 months in advance. ugh it will be bad. 
pretty soon it will be like guiding lights final years.

As bad as Days looks. It's still looks better than Peapack era GL. Even though i'm sick of the same couple of sets. Days reminds me of pre Peapack GL. HTS is the Main Street of Salem/Days. But i do think somewhere down the line it will look as bad. At least ATWT never looked as bad as either Days or GL. During it's rough last yrs on the air. 

Just now, victoria foxton said:

As bad as Days looks. It's still looks better than Peapack era GL. Even though i'm sick of the same couple of sets. Days reminds me of pre Peapack GL. HTS is the Main Street of Salem/Days. But i do think somewhere down the line it will look as bad. At least ATWT never looked as bad as either Days or GL. During it's rough last yrs on the air. 

GL made me so sad. Filming with cam corders in 7/11s

5 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

At least ATWT never looked as bad as either Days or GL. During it's rough last yrs on the air. 

But it was getting there.  Bob and Kim's house was gone, and Tom and Margo's had been reduced to a broom closet.

6 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

As awful as the film quality was, it still had more heart to me and felt more like the show again. 

56 minutes ago, Khan said:

Totally disagree. I watch a few DAYS per year. Maybe 20. I certainly find them stupid, but I also find them comforting. It's not hurting anybody by being on. Though if we could get a choice between reruns and new episodes, I'd choose reruns in a second.

1 minute ago, DRW50 said:

As awful as the film quality was, it still had more heart to me and felt more like the show again. 

I think you need to make your pronouns clearer here.

44 minutes ago, Khan said:

Nothing -- and I mean nothing -- will ever be as bad as Peapack.

QFE.

5 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

If ATWT was still on today what do you think the show would look like. And how would the ratings be?

ATWT might look as bad as Days or worse. It might look as good as Y&R. They would most likely be low rated. Someone like Jelly or Dena Higley writing trash.  

2 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

ATWT might look as bad as Days or worse. It might look as good as Y&R. They would most likely be low rated. Someone like Jelly or Dena Higley writing trash.  

BUT
we wouldn't have the talk. lol

53 minutes ago, juppiter said:

I think you need to make your pronouns clearer here.

I was talking about GL, which was the show that was mentioned for having bad camera work. Sorry if you were confused.

33 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I was talking about GL, which was the show that was mentioned for having bad camera work. Sorry if you were confused.

i think GL tried for what it had. They had to film in seven elevens