Jump to content


edgeofnik

As The World Turns Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

I have an acquaintance that u5-ed on Amc, AW, ATWT, OLTL, etc that had worked with Eplin on AW. Several women and a few men accused him of cornering them in a particular wardrobe closet  hoping they would"help this out".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, slick jones said:

I have an acquaintance that u5-ed on Amc, AW, ATWT, OLTL, etc that had worked with Eplin on AW. Several women and a few men accused him of cornering them in a particular wardrobe closet  hoping they would"help this out".

What I mean it was a soap Opera, Maybe he really wanted to work for Vivid. A Fluffer in soaps, wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn't make it sound like a joke. He said he found the tone menacing and quickly got a fellow u5's attention to get out o the situation. He also said Eplin did a lot of yelling at people backstage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if people knew about this. All I heard back in the day was that Eplin was a 'sex addict' and that it became a major problem BTS. This fits.

Edited by Vee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

The fact that P&G likely knew about his behavior for years and never did anything about it until MANY years later is sad and sickening.

 

Judi Evans spoke about Grant Aleksander's offensive backstage behavior on TGL as well. I think when popular stars and money are involved, P&G would look the other way.

2 hours ago, slick jones said:

He didn't make it sound like a joke. He said he found the tone menacing and quickly got a fellow u5's attention to get out o the situation. He also said Eplin did a lot of yelling at people backstage.

 

At a public appearance in Canada once, Eplin was very handsy with fans of both genders, and kept pulling people down to sit on his lap. He laughingly announced, "I'm an equal-opportunity sex offender!" 

 

It was creepy (although certain fans looked like they were having orgasms on the spot when Eplin made physical contact with them.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember anything about GA's bad behavior with Evans being sexual. I do remember claims that she felt bullied by GA and MOL.

 

I do remember hearing that Eplin's compulsive sexual behavior was bisexual/omnisexual. This was right before or right after ATWT killed him off.

Edited by Vee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Vee said:

I don't remember anything about GA's bad behavior with Evans being sexual. I do remember claims that she felt bullied by GA and MOL.

 

I do remember hearing that Eplin's compulsive sexual behavior was bisexual/omnisexual. This was right before or right after ATWT killed him off.

 

She said that GA would come to her dressing room door and stand there buck naked, making her feel cornered and threatened, and that he would make offensive comments which made her feel degraded. To me, this goes way beyond the "boys will be boys" scenario. He should have been fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mitch said:

I can't believe Rauchie (GL ) never had a "Me-Too" issue.

 

He did.  (Why do you think Maeve Kinkead transferred to GL (as Vanessa Chamberlain) after working with Paul Rauch at AW?)

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

He did.  How do you think Maeve Kinkead transferred to GL (as Vanessa Chamberlain) after working with Paul Rauch at AW?

Yep I wonder how kincaid felt working with Rauch at GL years later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

The fact that P&G likely knew about his behavior for years and never did anything about it until MANY years later is sad and sickening.

 

You have to remember, though, that Jake/Marley/Vicky had been very popular at AW.  So, too, were Jake and Molly at ATWT, which is why having them simply break up and Jake leave Oakdale for good wasn't an option.  OTOH, by killing him off, TPTB likely believed there would be no way for Jake/TE to return.

 

14 minutes ago, John said:

Yep I wonder how kincaid felt working with Rauch at GL years later

 

Obviously, she didn't like it.  Which is why Vanessa spent much of Rauch's era away from SF and only returned (albeit, in a recurring/off-contract capacity) after he was gone.

 

Plus, I suspect Rauch used the opportunity to put both actress and character through some humiliating situations, like the ridiculous "rare brain disorder," and that one story that had Beth Chamberlain's Beth in a triangle with her and Matt, with Beth making snide remarks about Vanessa being too old for Matt.

 

2 hours ago, Vee said:

I was wondering if people knew about this. All I heard back in the day was that Eplin was a 'sex addict' and that it became a major problem BTS.

 

It's what killed both his marriages -- to Ellen Wheeler, and to the first Galen Henderson on AMC.

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fascinating -- and often heartbreaking or disgusting -- what the powers that be will put up with as long as the bottom line's not being affected.

 

Pop culture fans often like to say things like, "I never want to hear [Tom Hanks, for example] connected with a scandal." There are certain soap actors that I don't even want to think of in the same vicinity of a scandal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vetsoapfan said:

Judi Evans spoke about Grant Aleksander's offensive backstage behavior on TGL as well.

 

2 hours ago, Vee said:

I don't remember anything about GA's bad behavior with Evans being sexual. I do remember claims that she felt bullied by GA and MOL.

 

1 hour ago, vetsoapfan said:

She said that GA would come to her dressing room door and stand there buck naked, making her feel cornered and threatened, and that he would make offensive comments which made her feel degraded.

 

IDK about the nudity, but I do know, or at least suspect, that GA's bullying toward JE is what killed Phillip and Beth's romance -- with the upside being that she was then paired w/ Vincent Irizarry's Lujack.  (She did leave GL, later, but John Bolger was Phillip by then.). But, on the plus side, it appears as if all that is now water the bridge, as JE or VI recently posted a photo online that had all three -- JE, VI and GA -- on the DAYS set.

 

9 minutes ago, Franko said:

There are certain soap actors that I don't even want to think of in the same vicinity of a scandal.

 

I thought we weren't ever going to talk again about Robyn Griggs' ties to John Wayne Bobbitt. ;)

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khan said:

It's what killed both his marriages -- to Ellen Wheeler

 

I heard that as well.

 

3 hours ago, vetsoapfan said:

She said that GA would come to her dressing room door and stand there buck naked, making her feel cornered and threatened, and that he would make offensive comments which made her feel degraded.


Well, yeah, that's beyond the pale. Did not know that.

Edited by Vee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that these things take place in an industry where the genre's writers and producers feel that it's perfectly appropriate to write a character as a rapist, then write that rapist as a romantic hero less than two years later.  And audiences were groomed to accept this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...