Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Judi Evans spoke about Grant Aleksander's offensive backstage behavior on TGL as well. I think when popular stars and money are involved, P&G would look the other way.

At a public appearance in Canada once, Eplin was very handsy with fans of both genders, and kept pulling people down to sit on his lap. He laughingly announced, "I'm an equal-opportunity sex offender!" 

It was creepy (although certain fans looked like they were having orgasms on the spot when Eplin made physical contact with them.)

• Members

I don't remember anything about GA's bad behavior with Evans being sexual. I do remember claims that she felt bullied by GA and MOL.

I do remember hearing that Eplin's compulsive sexual behavior was bisexual/omnisexual. This was right before or right after ATWT killed him off.

Edited by Vee

• Members

She said that GA would come to her dressing room door and stand there buck naked, making her feel cornered and threatened, and that he would make offensive comments which made her feel degraded. To me, this goes way beyond the "boys will be boys" scenario. He should have been fired.

• Members

You have to remember, though, that Jake/Marley/Vicky had been very popular at AW.  So, too, were Jake and Molly at ATWT, which is why having them simply break up and Jake leave Oakdale for good wasn't an option.  OTOH, by killing him off, TPTB likely believed there would be no way for Jake/TE to return.

Obviously, she didn't like it.  Which is why Vanessa spent much of Rauch's era away from SF and only returned (albeit, in a recurring/off-contract capacity) after he was gone.

Plus, I suspect Rauch used the opportunity to put both actress and character through some humiliating situations, like the ridiculous "rare brain disorder," and that one story that had Beth Chamberlain's Beth in a triangle with her and Matt, with Beth making snide remarks about Vanessa being too old for Matt.

It's what killed both his marriages -- to Ellen Wheeler, and to the first Galen Henderson on AMC.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's fascinating -- and often heartbreaking or disgusting -- what the powers that be will put up with as long as the bottom line's not being affected.

Pop culture fans often like to say things like, "I never want to hear [Tom Hanks, for example] connected with a scandal." There are certain soap actors that I don't even want to think of in the same vicinity of a scandal.

• Members

IDK about the nudity, but I do know, or at least suspect, that GA's bullying toward JE is what killed Phillip and Beth's romance -- with the upside being that she was then paired w/ Vincent Irizarry's Lujack.  (She did leave GL, later, but John Bolger was Phillip by then.). But, on the plus side, it appears as if all that is now water the bridge, as JE or VI recently posted a photo online that had all three -- JE, VI and GA -- on the DAYS set.

I thought we weren't ever going to talk again about Robyn Griggs' ties to John Wayne Bobbitt.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that these things take place in an industry where the genre's writers and producers feel that it's perfectly appropriate to write a character as a rapist, then write that rapist as a romantic hero less than two years later.  And audiences were groomed to accept this!