Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So once Nick arrives, they just toss Kim into his orbit and toss Bob's into Miranda? Is there any explanation? Even in these scenes, you can sense that Kim and Bob should be endgame. Their chemistry is off the charts. It is sad that it took 5 years later to figure it out. I am assuming it is because TPTB probably felt the fans wouldn't accept Bob/Kim at that time because of their history. Honestly, I felt that people could've been over it at that time. 

Plus, from what little I've seen of Nick, he seems like a man that Lisa would've been drawn to. Nick possibly would've been compelling to fans with a match like Lisa because Lisa would've given that passion and anger back towards him. Kim has always been a gentle spirit to me (except for when you p*ssed her off), and she needed someone like Bob instead. 

• Members

I would love to know if there was a big reveal of Margo and James' affair.  I would love even more if I can see it!

Yeah, I even mentioned in an earlier post how much of an "aimless" character Margo seemed to be at this time.  From the stables to the hospital and an affair with a married man in between!  The same YouTube page that uploaded these episodes had a brief clip of Kim's wedding to Nick Androupolus and there was an amusing clip where a 'blind' John, who sits next to Margo in a church pew, asks Margo to describe, in detail what Barbara (who is seated next to James) is wearing.  Margo reluctantly goes on to describe what Barbara is wearing, to which John pointedly replies "Sounds very pretty". 

Please register in order to view this content

I always wondered how Tom and Margo could live (and make love) in that loveshack cottage that James bought.  There was a really good scene in 1988 where Tom and Margo have decided to move and Tom's daughter Lian doesn't understand why, so Margo recounts her whole history of how she acquired the cottage to explain why it was a good idea, even necessary to get a fresh start in a new house.

Having missed a lot of these episodes and being too young to recall them, I consider Bob and Kim to sort have been "on again, off again" until ultimately got together, got engaged and got married.  Calling them 'Star-Crossed Lovers' would be going too far and plain inaccurate but I tend to think of it as a long-simmering romance whose relationship had finally been attained many years later.

• Members

Actually, there was Lyla dating Bob at the time that Kim was dating Nick..Miranda came after.   They must have been thinking Nick and Lisa as there is a scene where you can tell they were chemistry testing. I think putting a delay in Kim and Bob was good but yes they should have been end game. A bit of jealousy on Nick's part of Kim always going to her "pal" for advice and that they just plain have fun together(Nick is the kind of guy you could see would not have ever thought of a woman as a friend) especially if buttinsky John dropped their past history on him!  Nick and Lisa would have been fun for a few months...they are fighting, all the time and Nick is drawn naturally toward Kim and her stability...but Kim is still grieving, finally Nick and Lisa break off and Lisa, showing her wordliness is not jealous.."Kim, date him...it was a great time but we don't work out..it was fun , it was fine, we are freinds now and that s it...oh, and the sex is great!"

• Members

Forgive me if I’m incorrect about this but I feel it was on this message board where someone asked about the actress playing Bianca Marcquez- that they hadn’t seen her listed on any of the closing credits. I just finished watching Oct 27, 1989 and it was the first time I saw her name. The actress is Karina Arroyave. 

• Members

e7SddD1.jpg?1

KARINA ARROYAVE

AS THE WORLD TURNS          Bianca Marquez Walsh     1988-94

ALL MY CHILDREN                  Alma Flores          1995

24                                  Jamey Farrell                   2001-02

Bianca was also briefly portrayed by actress Christine Langner in 1991.  Langner also played Tracy on GL .

Nice to see you posting @adrnyc.  

Edited by slick jones

• Members

You ever had the experience of coming across something intriguing but totally unrelated to what you were researching in the first place?  This seems to happen to me quite a bit.  Or maybe I'm just being easily distracted lately.

I'd never heard of this show until today but then again, I haven't watched HGTV since 2010, which would be the same year this show began.  Anybody ever seen this reality series or this episode?  Apparently, Ellen Dolan and her husband were looking to sell their house, probably around the time ATWT was canceled.

https://watch.hgtv.com/tv-shows/selling-new-york/full-episodes/smells-like-a-deal

Smells Like a Deal/Selling New York

The Ellen Dolan segment begins around 8:45

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

^ Speaking of Kathryn Hays - thank you for linking the article about her house back in February.  That article actually came out in December 2017 and the house finally sold in April of this year.  (The property address was in the photo caption.)  It sold way below the 2017 listing price (40% cut) and, based on open source information, the house was first listed in summer 2011, about a year after ATWT went off the air.  By the time the article came out in 2017, the listing price had already been cut quite a bit.  

I realize that we like to bring up the longevity genes of ATWT vets in this thread, but I truly and sincerely hope they are enjoying their retirement with whatever means they have.  Here's a short video of Hays from 2011 talking about her Mom's final days at a hospice: