Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just deleted the post. Thanks.  I wondered why I saw a post from him today on Twitter.  I'm pretty sure it was him. 

Sort of OT but I can't believe how low the follower counts are for some of these actors. I noticed that they seem particularly low for former P&G soap actors.  It strikes me as somewhat sad that their follower counts are so low, for all the fans they used to have.

I'm not familiar with Sally Spencer (may she R.I.P.) but it's weird that only one soap blog has published this story while there are a bunch of AW Twitter pages and soap blogs that have yet to put out anything. I guess this speaks to the lack of regard to which daytime soaps are now held.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It's fascinating to me. 

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that many former soap actors don't have the blue check mark next to their name?  Which means technically, they are not tweeting from verified accounts?  And verification criteria seems to have nothing to do with follower counts, some accounts that are verified have far less than 10,000 followers.  

It's a shame that P&G soaps didn't engage in much social media while they were still on the air.  Twitter was launched in 2006 while ATWT and GL were still on the air.  Perhaps if both shows had even had official accounts while on air, it might have at least given their actors a better post soap launching pad once these shows were cancelled (and PGN/P&G knew that these shows were going to be cancelled) by connecting fans to these actors to support future projects and engage with them.

It's just a thought, especially since quite a few actors have struggled in the aftermath of these shows' cancellations.

I know Bryce is considered one of the fortunate ones since he was already doing prime time television and movies while doing soap work. 

Most of the cast of the Brady Bunch are verified and I'm not sure how high-profile any of them are.

• Members

Casey Hughes thru the years 

Joseph Cross (1999-2002, maybe til 2003)

at 15mins

At 3:42

Ian Boyd 2004

At 50 Sec

Peter Vack 2004

At 11:31

Zach Roerig 2005-2007

At 1:49

Scott Porter Filling in for Zach Roerig in 2006

At 57 Seconds

Billy Magnussen 2008-2010

At 1:25

• Members

Dusty's piercing blue eyes were one of the aspects that kept young girl me tuned in.

Someone needs to ask Martha if she has any classic episodes that she can upload to YouTube, preferably one that hasn't been uploaded before, a la Patricia Bruder. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Has anyone tried to petition Procter & Gamble/PGP for permission to start/run an official As The World Turns Twitter page?  Maybe a photo like this is already on the Daytime Emmy Twitter page but I feel like photos and video clips should be accessible in one dedicated space for the show.

Also, as much as I appreciate the various YouTube channels, there should be a dedicated As The World Turns channel where the best quality clips (and perhaps episodes too) can be culled and placed there.  I don't know who runs the As The World Turns-Topic channel but it looks disheveled, disorganized and piece-meal.  I only mention this because if there were one dedicated, comprehensive channel, viewers/fans would flock there and we could truly see just how many views ATWT videos are getting-- who knows, it may get P&G's attention if they saw a good number of views per month.  Not to bring back the show but to even sell/stream more classic ATWT because they'd see that there was actual interest.  I guess that everyone (fans, actors, etc.) wants to operate their own separate YouTube channels though.

• Members

It's so crazy to realize that episodes that aired in 2001 are now just as far away from ATWT's cancellation than today in 2019. I can't believe ATWT has been off the air for almost 9 years now. Time really flies the older you get.