Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Many posters on here have made the same, valid point year after year that Hunt Block should've been cast as Babs' brother, Rick. I've only seen a few clips of Rick, but going off his history, it would've made total sense. The reprehensible things they had Craig doing was something Rick would've done. Just made more sense. Plus, HB could've still be latched to CZP like they wrote Craig but as her brother. He still could've sought after Carly, which could've drove Barbara crazy, and it would've made sense. 

Jon Lindstrom looks so close to William Fichtner that maybe they should've brought him on as Josh Snyder. 

• Members

Well...if you had a gun to my head...then I guess I WOULD hire HB to play Rick Ryan instead.  But I'm telling you, that gun better be loaded, and it better not be loaded with blanks, or otherwise, someone's getting punched in the nutsack.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I just think it would've made more sense b/c things they had Craig doing were thing that were farfetched for the character. It wouldn't've been farfetched for Rick to do stuff like that, as Rick had a sketchy past in drug cartels, switching babies, etc. Also, Rick's return to the canvas might've possibly bought Kim and Bob more airtime given their ties to him.

• Members

Because you'd probably invested 15 years (off and on) watching him turn his life around, and some jackass douche wiped it all away with a used Kleenex? Not to mention, TIIC handed him off to another jackass douche who's one major credit had come from the early years of KL? And then they had the gall to act as if he was some kind of Second Coming of Christ?

I give SB a lot of credit---he took the same crapCraig writing and managed to make Craig sympathetic. Block couldn't manufacture humanity if he dressed as Mother Teresa and farted butterflies 24/7.

• Members

@Khan LMAO. I would've been quite gleeful had they never bothered with Hunt Block at all but I was trying to be charitable when I made the suggestion that he should've been cast as Rick Ryan instead of Craig (if they couldn't get Scott Bryce, they should've left the character with Sierra in Montega). 

For what it's worth, Jon Lindstrom could just as well have played Rick Ryan.

I do agree that Jeffrey Meek always gave me Stenbeck vibes but not a son, like a long lost little brother to James.

Speaking of interesting (re)casting, about a month ago, I was binge-watching some episodes with the last days of the Diana McColl character on the canvas and I kept thinking, Kim Ulrich could've been brought back to play Betsy, even for brief storyline arcs although it would've been nice to bring back the character- that is a recast I would've gotten behind, provided they didn't re-write the character too drastically, which unfortunately would likely have happened with that group of writers.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

This was the first time I watched that scene of Babs jumping out the window...there was so much wrong with it that the jump was actually the logical conclusion of the scene. That came off as if it was a comical dream Babs had of what would happen or a skit on how stupid soaps can be.

First of all, you can tell that the 80s and even 90s were long gone. Marland would write, and they would have a budget for...having tons of characters in that courtroom...(Bob, Kim and Lisa looking concerned, etc, Margo rolling her eyes...) and why is everyone orangeish?  Second, a judge would never allow that in his courtroom, third, Barbara may have been a bitch somtimes..and I can buy her jumping into pschosis...but a dumb bitch/psycho? Babs was anything but dumb, and that whole speech was something an idiot would do. Then the overacting from Zenk and the ultimately..why did she jump out the window..was she Wonder Woman all of a sudden and would not be hurt by the glass and can run super fast away...instead of a middle aged woman who was never an athlete.

Fat Ass Hogie is to blame but there is a lot of blame to go around, from MADD to Gautman to the directors, to the other writers to even the actors. No one said, "This [!@#$%^&*] is stupid and makes no sense!" !!!