Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I *do* remember not enjoying Sheffer's last year - I quit watching in the summer of '04, mainly because I was on tour and couldn't record it and watch it later because I was on the move all the time. I came back in time for the Julia murder story of '05 and then missed ATWT again until the time of the summer slasher story in '06.

As for Mr. Block....what can I say, I'm in the camp of thinking he is one of the sexiest men alive (ever since seeing him in that speedo as a child).  And, you know, when you find someone super attractive you tend to look past any faults they may have. HA!

• Members

I remember watching this on a friend's tapes a while back (yeeeears ago!) and realizing that despite being in love for AGES, Craig and Sierra slept together that night and conceived Bryant, then Craig was presumed dead for a while, then when he got back to Oakdale he found out Sierra was presumed dead, then eventually he found out she was alive and he went to find her/left the show.

Thinking about this now... who had Bryant while Craig was dead from the plane crash, then immediately Sierra was dead from whatever in Montega??

• Members

Sierra had Bryant all the while Craig was presumed dead (though she never believed this to be true).  

At one point, Sierra decides that Montega is safe enough to take Bryant with her down to Montega for a brief stay, a few weeks.

Craig, just as Sierra believed, is alive and returns to Oakdale with the help of his father-in-law Casey who helps the Greek police + Margo stage an escape by pretending that Craig is James Stenbeck's son.

Craig calls Sierra in Montega to confirm that he is alive and they plan their reunion in Montega.  Craig stops in Oakdale for a day or two before planning to fly down to Montega but gets stuck in Puerto Rico when he cannot get a flight out because political strife has engulfed the country again.

Determined to get to his wife and son, he begs and offers to pay a lot of money to a pilot to get him to Montega, the pilot offers but only on the condition that he be allowed to drop Craig directly onto the runway and after Craig deplanes, the pilot must leave immediately- Craig will have to find his way out of Montega. 

Craig arrives in Montega and gets to Sierra's childhood home but he sees no sign of Craig or Bryant. In the distance, random gunfire can be heard. Just as Craig starts to panic, he hears a baby's cry and knows it's Bryant. He goes searching and finds Bryant with a longtime nurse from Sierra's childhood on the plantation.  

Bryant has been hidden and kept safe with the nurse but Sierra is missing.

So I think the writing made it seem that Sierra most likely had just been taken earlier that day or recently and she and Craig just missed each other.

Please register in order to view this content

Most likely Bryant was left with the nurse only a few hours before Craig arrived.

Craig ultimately decides that he needs to bring Bryant back to Oakdale for his safety but wants to return to Montega to search for Sierra but eventually Lyla convinces him to stay (so as not to risk Bryant having two parents missing) and conduct the search from Oakdale, which is how both Craig and Lucinda end up getting hustled by Tonio Reyes (Sierra's ex-husband) and funding his supposed search for Sierra that he claimed was being led by the Montegan 'underground'. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Hi All - I have a question.  My ATWT watching has got me up to October 1986 and there is a different woman playing Lyla. Did Anne Sward leave?  The announcer said "For today, the role of Lyla will be played by...." the first day but then never again.  It made me think it was just going to be temporary but I've now seen all that exists for October and the new Lyla is still around and macking on Casey. (Which, of course, I saw coming as soon as I heard his last name was Peretti.)

• Members

Lee Bryant (Lyla #3) was temporary.  

This was not the first time the actress filled in for Anne Sward but I believe, that it was the last, as Anne Sward would return to the role to portray Lyla Montgomery Peretti for a few more years before the character leaves Oakdale and the Lee Bryant herself would return a few years later as a completely different character, Mrs. Kasnoff (I think), the mother of Mark and Mike Kasnoff.

Speaking of when Lyla becomes a Peretti, those future episodes in 1987 (and thereafter) feature Anne Sward in the wedding episodes, playing opposite Bill Shanks (Casey Peretti).

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I remember her popping up in a 1985 episode as well. Lee Bryant is probably best known for her role in Airplane. 

I remember one of the fill-in episodes had her standing in front of a crowd at the Mona Lisa after the commercial break, with them cheering and applauding. Knowing how some fans felt about Sward's singing, I wondered if they wished she got the same treatment...

• Members

Thanks! I'm trying to fill in all the gaps as I can. Not much left for 1986 - just a handful of episodes in Nov and Dec but then 1987 has more episodes together, I believe.  It's nice to have ATWT back in a way - there are still 18 years that I've never seen!

• Members

LOL..I would have loved that...she, Lisa, and Chelsea Reardon all getting that treatment (as soon as I would see Lisa crawling up on that damn piano I prayed for James to set off a bomb in the Mona Lisa...

God I HATED Lyla's signing. and when they actually had the nerve to act like her lite pop crap song was a "hit" and the kids on the show were actually liking it...UGGGH. But I think Lyla was useless after her original storyline of dating Bob and secretly having John's baby.