As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I think that was due to Renee Props leaving the show. 

I can see the idea of Ellie and Kirk being drawn to each other as Iva was so draining on Kirk, and the sister conflict, but it was not properly explored (I think because Marland did not want his "good" characters to ever look "bad" or "mean"). I didn't mind Kirk and Ellie as a couple, but I do think he and Iva could have been a great couple if the show had tried. I wonder if Marland also split them because he was planning the Aaron storyline and Iva had to be isolated.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They let him go once in 1995 (he was supposed to die while on a yacht with Samantha) then for good in 1998 (or was it 1999). The character had felt like a spare part for quite a while. I do think they should have kept him around in some role though. 

I really liked his relationship with the first Samantha. 

• Members

I didn't care about Kirk/Sam at all with either recast. Only thing I like that Sam did was throw Kirk back into Lucinda's orbit. I always loved the banter between Kirk/Lucinda. 

Kirk/Iva are a bit before my time, but I do agree with everyone that, that was his most lively pairing. They should've wooed Lisa Brown back before Guiding Light and repaired the two. 

Yeah. As @DRW50 pointed out, he was booted in '95 and again in '98. Marland died in '93. In '95, Caso was EP for most of the year until Valente took over. I'm assuming Valente got rid of him. Minei Behr was EP around his second departure. 

• Members

Kirk had floated around for a few years after Renee Props left, mostly pining over Connor. They paired him with Samantha and I think this was supposed to give her some happiness and move her on after Craig left, but she would then lose Kirk (he went off a yacht on their honeymoon) and would be paired with the recast Scott, who had a past with her.

When Valente came in, Scott was moved into being more into Rosanna's money, while Sam was with Kirk, was then blinded and became a helpless victim until Brooke Alexander was fired. 

• Members

Alright, I need to find some Nola (and Quint) stuff on You Tube I think because her Iva was jut so mopey and awful that I can't imagine how anyone likes her and I think I'm attributing it to the actress when it's probably the writing or the character. When I was little I used to play with this doll my mom had that was named Poor Pitiful Pearl and that's always what I think of when I see Iva! lol 

• Members

The talk about Kirk reminded me how much I loved the office intrigue at WorldWide. At it's peak, Lucinda's company was a hotbed of conspiracy (Connor, Evan), quirky supporting characters (Ambrose, Jane), and assistants/antagonists and flirt-targets (Craig, Kirk). The show lost an interesting facet when it fazed out the business angle. 

• Members

The Morgan/Kelly/Nola triangle was really the first triangle I really got into as a teen. (and I still have a crush on John Wesley Shipp!) I'd recommend starting with Nola getting caught in her lies with Kelly: (there's also a part 2 and 3)

then some early Nola/Quint stuff

https://youtu.be/cQG84bLvzvI

There is plenty of Nola/Quint stuff on youtube. Amazing since it was '81 and VCRs were just coming on. But the quality sketchy.