Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought Block was hot...(I remember the scene where he and Carly were sitting in a car and she had to duck down when a car drove by and he said, "Well, Carly, while your down there..."  Marland was in heaven, clutching his pearls on that one!

I never like Bryce that well. I know he is a better actor but thought his Craig was always kind of a wuss. He was a wimp when he was evil and married to Betsy and he REALLY was a wuss when Marland took over (even his "romance" with Lucinda was about her being the dominant person...) So in that respect I didn't think Block was right for the role...cause deep down, good or bad, Craig was always a wimp who turned his life around for the woman in his life. So yes, I could see him more as a Rick Ryan or my favorite would have been Marland's original idea, to have what became Scott Eldridge to be Lisa's son by Michael Shea..they should have saved the dumb Sabrina plot for having John and Rick Ryan switch babies to help a not really dead Shea get revenge on Lisa. 

• Members

I doubt Larry Brygmann would've gone for the idea of switching babies after John Dixon became such an established character. Seems like "John" as well as Larry was well liked by every writing regime up until the very late 90s and would've done all they could to keep him at that point.

By the mid 80s, Larry seemed uninterested in taking John Dixon back to the days of being a bad guy.

And I think I was the first person on this board to suggest that Block should've played Rick Ryan.

Please register in order to view this content

Craig may have been angsty but Bryce was definitely a superior actor to Block.

If you look at their resumes and see how much work each actor gets over the years, even today, the proof is in the pudding. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Somehow it keeps escaping me that Rick was Kim's nephew as well. I didn't get to see them interact much at all when the character was last in Oakdale or maybe they did but those episodes might not have been posted on You Tube??

But yeah, having Rick would've filled out the Ryan family a bit more.

I remember that Rick seemed to have a 'thing' for Emily when he was last in Oakdale. Not to mention there may have been some conflicts with Paul that may have been interesting to see.

Rick may not have had a lengthy history but he interacted with enough characters last time around that he would've made a viable character.

Too bad.

Missed opportunity (one of many) for ATWT in that last decade.

• Members

Denise Darcy would've been a fun character to revive in the latter years of the show. It's likely she would've been out of prison by then.  

Imagine if Denise returns to Oakdale with yet another ax to grind against Barbara who busted Denise's prison hustle. Then finds out that Hal died and he and Barbara didn't even stay together. Denise might have had an even bigger grudge against Barbara, thinking in her imagination that had Barbara never intervened, she might have had a chance to reconcile with Hal somehow. Of course, that would be delusional on Denise's part but with Denise sitting in prison stewing over lost love, lost opportunities and Barbara ratting her out to the higher ups at the penitentiary, reason would probably be the last thing on Denise's mind when it comes to Barbara.

Forget Iris Dumbrowski, I would've much rather have watched Denise try to get at Barbara Ryan.

Watching an episode from '86 when Lucinda offers Holden his stablemaster job back (after things fall apart for him and Tad Channing) and Holden promptly tells Lucinda that she can take her job, her $25 dollars raise and air-conditioned room in the servants' quarters and shove them.

Please register in order to view this content

The look that Lucinda gives him as she chides him for speaking to her that way.  Actually the entire scene, there was heat. Lucinda started out inspecting Holden's busted lip and the look she gave him was as if to say "...don't know why I've never had you..."  Lucinda had quite the sex drive back then!

• Members

Hell no! 

In my opinion, Allison should've ended alone by the end of the show. I was pissed that poor Casey got saddled with her in the end. Allison, much like Lily, needed to end up alone to find her true self. She was a character that was too reliant on a man. I'd add Katie to the list of being another character that should've ended up alone too.

I do agree that this show stupid wasted Agim Kaba back in 2007. He had dreadful story after dreadful story. Watching him pine after Sofie Duran and then that flop story with Dani/Chris/Allison/Aaron was a mess. I so hate how Agim Kaba and Dylan Bruce were tossed aside after that mess of story wrapped.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I guess I'm saying that because I'm seeing 2002-2004 ATWT for why I liked Alison/Aaron.

Casey should've ended up with Maddie. 

I don't get why they couldn't find a better story for Aaron and co.

Another soap should've hired Agim Kaba after that disastrous 1-2 year return 

• Members

Alison was great her original run. When they brought her back as a coke headed hooker, I was too done. That was regressive for the character to do that. That was something I could believe her doing early on during the Jessica Dunphy era but not anytime afterwards. 

Casey should've ended with Maddie or just went off to school to get his degree in law all alone. 

Does Agim Kaba even act anymore?