Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The episodes where Kim and Bob confront John, Barbara finds out about Sabrina, etc. still aren't online, but I'm glad I finally get to see when John told Margo. It's at about 25 minutes.

There are also some great Andy/Kim and Kim/Sabrina scenes in this.

• Members

I've been working my way through the 1979 clip packages, and I think I'm starting to see what some of you meant when you were commenting on how absolutely drab and lifeless the show was at this point. Some scenes really are good and interesting, but so much of it just plods along. I'm a huge advocate of less background music in soaps, but these extremely long scenes such as any including Grant and the police detective, sans music but very chatty, are a chore. The most interesting things at this point are Kim/John and Lisa's battle against Hester. Everything else is dreadfully boring most of the time, and that saddens me. I expected more from the show at this time, but I guess there really aren't any surprises here considering what was going behind the scenes. Three or four years earlier, and I'm sure it would have been on fire.

The actress playing Betsy has one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard in daytime!

• Members

I think Fred Bartholomew might have been the EP during the Dobsons' first stint, but I cannot be sure. Either way, P&G moved them over to ATWT from GUIDING LIGHT with hopes that they would bolster their ratings like they had at the earlier show.

• Members

Poor Suzanne Davidson sad.png I thought she was terrific as Betsy in the clips I've seen. Tough and tender, soulful. Very similar to Lindsay Frost. I love the scene where she puts John on blast for hating her for being Dan's daughter.

The show was very dull at this point but I still wish they'd worked more with what they had rather than jettisoning so many and bringing in bores like Brad.

For me the main problem is Annie and Dee, especially 40-year old Annie.

Edited by DRW50