Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been watching old ATWT episodes the last few weeks, makes me realize how much I still miss the show (or what it used to be).

2001 was such a great year for ATWT, and it propelled CZP back into storylines after being on the backburner during most of the late 90s. Hogan Sheffer really knew what Barbara was worth as a character, and continued to write for her during his reign.

One thing I did hate was Julia's descend into madness. It was funny and interesting (mainly 'cause Annie Parisse knew how to pull it off) but he took it way too far. Especially with the 2002 returns and the rape of Jack. I'd say her killing Flashdance was as far as Julia should've gone.

• Members

LMAO! Kim had me rolling when she called this heifer named Laura "toots." Does anyone remember the entire story involving Laura/Beau? This is the first I've heard of it. And I loved that Kim threatened to ripped all of Laura's hairs out her head if Bob's reputation was ruined. But what was refreshing was that Kim didn't assume that Bob was cheating on her. Most soaps nowadays would've had Kim believe her and instantly scorch the earth.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I was a kid at the time and I remember thinking that these relatively new two characters were monopolizing too much time.

Now, though, I actually appreciate some aspects of Laura and Beau's strange and fraught relationship. Also, now that I see how poorly soaps can write mental illness, I think how Laura was written was not half bad. From a writing perspective, I think some aspects of Laura's descent into madness were a bit rushed but I think the actress was quite good, especially compared to what I see with today's soaps.

I love it when Kim talks TOUGH because she's so nice and sunny otherwise that it really stands out. She also threatened to rip out Laura's little blonde hairs out of her head.ohmy.pnglaugh.png And that conversation between Kim and Bob where Kim said she almost wanted to laugh when Laura was describing the faux affair tickled me for some reason. Kim usually had a very good B.S. detector.

• Members

Yeah, I remember parts of Laura/Beau (Carolyn Clark had just finished the role of Leslie on GL) stuff. Not to spoil it, but Laura ends up kidnapping baby Chris. If I recall correctly, a lot of this played out during the writers strike, which by definition, did it no favors.