Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Why would they think viewers would be traumatized? Mostly because Kim and Bob were supposed to be truly good people, and that was a time in their lives where they'd both been bad, one they (especially Kim) paid for dearly. I think Kim being torn between both men, and the idea that Dan was a replacement for Bob, would have been too hot for the show to handle, and they wouldn't have trusted fans to accept the story.

• Members

Thanks for sharing that. I would love to see that entire story line and the resulting Kim/John/Dan/Susan quadrangle.

Is any of the 70s footage available? I know Soap Classic had 1978 onward and some of the 60s seem available but I haven't heard anything of the 70s.

• Members

I would assume so. Or at least one of the more highly regarded soap actors to transition to writing.

That synopsis isn't exactly the way I heard the story---I believe I heard at one time that Kim had set out to seduce Bob in FL. And I don't think I've ever heard of Jennifer described as "neurotic" or "unreasonable".

LOL...if Franny was Bob's "middle-age" attempt at fatherhood...Chris was practically his grandson.

• Members

That makes total sense -- and you are absolutely right. If anything, I suspect the viewers would have accused the show of cramming Bob and Kim down their throats, something today's soap fans know and understand only too well.