• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watch!

Please register in order to view this content

Director Maria Wagner and KM getting into it with a director. I don't recall if it was Wagner or not.

Favoritism on the set by the directors and producers at the time. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

No way!  I'm sure Locher is a nice person, but his interviewing style puts me off, quite frankly.  Plus, I'm still not over the technical issues he encountered during his interview w/ Patrick Mulcahey, lol.

KM?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Thanks @Soapsuds . I will try to watch sometime. I thought Tom and Brooke had such great chemistry. I know there were claims of her not being able to remember her lines (not sure if that was mentioned here) but I still think the show was wrong to get rid of her.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Their chemistry was apparent in the live chat. Tom wasnt happy Brooke was let go. I'm sure he was professional but didn't care for Sherri. Brooke did mention she had trouble remembering her lines. She mentioned A new year's party she had where Allyson Rice Taylor accidentally discovered her way of learning her lines.

She mentioned that she got a call from producers that they were casting Sam again. Brooke thought she was being asked to return. No they wanted her to audition again. She pretty much told them hell no......lol...that they could look at her 3 years of reel they had of her work. Everyone in the chat knew she was referring to FMB.

She seemed upbeat when she started but once Marland passed and the new EP took over....she knew they weren't invested in Royce, Sam and Lucinda as a family.

The backstage stuff I had never heard before with the directors and the favoritism of cast members over others. The set must have got toxic after Marland and Calhoun left.

Tom and Brooke discussed a lot things. Liz was talked about. Terry Lester was briefly discussed.....Claire Bloom and the actor who played her father.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Wow. I had never heard this. I guess it could make sense as Jane was leaving GH around this point and she ended up as a producer on Loving - the only time I remember her working in that capacity (I may be wrong).

I would have been interested in seeing Jane in the part...but imagine Terry Lester, Jane Elliot, Liz Hubbard AND Mary Kay Adams all in the same family? 

Typical of daytime, especially P&G, to ask Brooke to audition again. AW asked Ellen Wheeler to audition again for Vicky/Marley. She did and they still didn't hire her. 

I didn't hate Sherri but she was much colder compared to Brooke and the character had no inner life. 

I do get the sense the atmosphere changed for the worse after Calhoun left - I think we got some hints of that with HBS, among others.

• Members

Brooke had nothing but great things to say about Caso. But I think things slowly starting changing during his time as EP because Mark Lewis mentioned it in his interview with Alan.

Once Valente took over everything really fell apart.

That would've been golden.

There was so much more talk about Benjamin, Ellen Dolan and her favorite Scotty Bryce. 

That's why I told Khan to watch it.

When the tea spilled Alan was screwed and couldn't stop it

Brooke and Tom took over with Alan as a bystander

• Members
Posted (edited)

Somehow i missed your post. 

Alan had technical difficulties with Brooke's interview too.

it started an hour late.

Kelly Menighan... Emily #3.  Director Maria Wagner through the loud speaker told Kelly her acting pretty much sucked in front of the cast. After taping she confronted Wagner in her office and told her to never do that again. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Well damn. I didn't know that ATWT had backstage drama like that. I always thought the P&G shows were tamer than all the other shows, but I guess not. And that's jacked up that a director embarrassed KM over a speaker like that. 

@DRW50 thanks for that nugget. I did not know that Jane was originally supposed to be Samantha. Her and La Hubbard and the room together would've been EPIC. I do agree that no one could write for Lucinda like Marland did. She was his muse and force multiplier and Lucy got things jumped off in Oakdale.