Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Emma was much better in the last season but generally I think she just lacked spark. I have not seen any of this from her in a majority of her roles. I haven't watched a lot of her first GH run so perhaps she was better there. From the start of her Fallon run she was all but comatose, whereas PSM, even though she clearly was checked out and dreary in her last few years, still had a bit more life in her.

I mostly remember Brewster whining and the show not knowing where to go with her (that thing with Andy seemed so random). I guess being saddled with Kerr Smith didn't help her. And that summer where she and Dani said "my guy" so many times I hoped Mary Wells would rise up. I mostly just enjoyed her scenes with Hal.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh no, you didn't!! :o

What horrible lines, "Time portal, ACTIVATE!" And Douglas Cramer should have hung his head in SHAME for licensing footage from Space:1999 for a Wonder Woman episode, when the show had only been off the air for mere months. Ted sure looked purty in his silver condom, though :)

• Members

Except 90210. for some reason that has stumped me, it just finished it's 3rd season and going onto the 4th. I was an avid fan of the original and i have them all on DVD now but i just could not get into the new show. Maybe because i saw that girl who plays Naomi pretty much naked on Nip Tuc. Thinking she was a high school sophmore (when it started) was just too unreal for me. (and yet I bought Andrea Zuckermen, no problem. LOL)but i'm actually willing to give it a second try next year when the kids hit college. At least it will be a little more easier to take.

If they do Dallas right, it could really work. Perhaps one of the only shows in history to have two long running shows of the same thing. They need to focuss on John Ross and Christopher mostly. They can't rely too heavely on the older ones like JR and the rest. It will be nice to see them, hopefully for a long while but if the acting isn't right for Jon ross or Chris, it will fail.

• Members

I would assume that the main focus of this new version will be on John Ross, Christopher, and the rest of the younger cast since they are the new generation of Ewings. They are the ones who are ultimately going to have to carry this show. The original characters are just there to help facilitate the process so to speak.

• Members

Of course it will be about the younger kids, the older actor will be lucky to get on season 2 if its picked up. We have seen this with the new Melrose place, one tree hill, 90210, etc. They only want the older actors on the show for the validity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

CLIFF BARNES Returns! :)http://www.tvguide.com/News/Cliff-Barnes-Dallas-1037312.aspx

This is exciting news! I wonder if they'll reshoot things and go back to the original plan of having Rebecca be Cliff's daughter Pamela Rebecca. That would make the most sense. I do like that he'll be appearing for multiple episodes, INCLUDING the season finale, which suggests he'll play an important supporting role. This is shaping up to be interesting. I can't wait for shooting to begin so we can get a better sense of things. So nice to know Cliff will have his hands involved in another season finale.

• Members

I would like to see Victoria Principal back as Pam. She could've thought she was dying and made a new life in order to spare Bobby, Cliff and Christopher from any more heartache and pain. Or perhaps Katherine Wentworth had a hand in her disappearance from the hospital and kept Pam away all these years and told her Bobby had died or moved on with his life. Could you see Pam walking up on Southfork and saying "hello Bobby." We would have another triangle with Ann/Bobby/Pam like we did with Jenna/Bobby/Pam.

Archived