Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Cane had SO much potential, and for my money, it was way closer to Dallas/Dynasty than Brothers & Sisters or Dirty Sexy Money ever got. I really do hope she learned from the mistakes made there, because I can't watch something where the lead character is utterly unlikeable.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Metcalfe has been terrible for his entire career. No screen presence, no talent, boring looks. I think they are just going for style over substance with this show. It's one of the reasons I don't hold a lot of hope for this project.

• Members

Promo: http://tw.tnt.tv/7xn

I'm rewatching Passions and Jesse Metcalfe is just hilarious on that show. I've seen him in several others things and he's improved, but not enough for a series like this. He seemed flat in the promo at least. I don't expect much out of him. The actual content looks predictable and the cast still seems bland. The females aren't popping out like Lucy, Sue Ellen or Pamela. Of course, its a brief promo. This is a nice start. Now they need to just develop the hell out of it.

It'll be interesting to see how this works. Any idea why they're promoting it now when it premieres in a year?

• Members

I think this is what drama has become on TV. There isn't a lot of fun or camp or energy, especially with female characters. The last years of Buffy (where Buffy was a corpse and the other female characters were miserable behind their cute quips), Angel, Gray's Anatomy, the various CSI/L&O franchises. Drama's fear of ever having any vibrancy is why crappy Desperate Housewives is always classified as comedy.

This cuts primetime soaps off at the knees, because they're supposed to be fun, and crazy, and have energy. The only way you bypass that is if you try to be a more bread-and-butter soap like Knots Landing, but that wouldn't work here, as these actors make Nicolette Sheridan look like Garbo.

• Members

Ok, I just watched the preview...

-Not trying to be an ass, but Jesse brought it down from moment one... he delivers his lines like a reality show cast member when instructed to retell a story

-Jordana bending over

-Just as I guessed, they gave John Ross an apartment in the city

-The vets carried that entire promo

-Sue Ellen's white Porsche Panamera! (I guess she wouldn't anymore, but I hope they stick with the Ewing1/2/3 et cetera license plate motif)

-The sight of those yellow and white striped awnings gave me such a tingle

-I am very excited for this and I'm hoping for a "Who Cares Who Shot Christopher?" non-cliffhanger

-I love that it is just DALLAS, not *New Generation* or nothing like that

• Members

the preview was great! And yay for having the real music! I was a huge Dallas fan, moreso than Dynasty and Knots, and I am really excited. I wish Cliff was back but maybe Ken K is too ill or something. LG looks great, PD sounds the same, and it just all will hopefully be Ewing goodness.

Archived