Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've always liked Brenda Strong. It will be nice to see her not play a dead character. Chris B, your post has me even more excited now for Dallas. I think it will work very well on a cable network like TNT. I believe most remakes/reboots that have plagued the broadcast networks would have worked FAR better on cable.

• Members

Ugh, Lord please help me to get over my Jesse Metcalfe hate so I can enjoy this show. I rolleyes.gif at his, "It pushed the envelope", boy, wtf do you know about DALLAS? And then again at, "It's in our DNA." Bitch, you're ADOPTED. Deep breath, moving on...

• Members

Jordana Brewster and Josh Henderson are capable actors.

The problem is Jesse Metcalf, he's just a straight up shitty actor. He's playing Miguel-Lopez-Fitzgerald-John-Rowland-John-Tucker...he just sucks. That being said, he being cast as Bobby's son will simply help me root even harder for John-Ross, which is what I would have done regardless. I usually root for the villains!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I got to work on Dallas again and it was an even better experience. Still didn't get to work with any of the original cast, but that's okay. My goal is to hopefully be asked back one more time and then I will die a happy man. And if the show is successful I'll definitely try again. I think Josh Henderson is going to be brilliant on this show.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I think if Victoria does appear they'll keep it a secret. The show is filming in Dallas and they can easily limit her stuff to the soundstage and nobody will know that she ever came. I'd prefer it that way. They could have her appear in the teaser and they'd have the entire next week to promote it. I worry too much will be revealed too soon. For example, the second episode I did was a major buzzy-cliffhanger and I'll be so disappointed if word gets out. The original was known for those shocking moments that were actually kept secret so I'd like to see that continue. I also imagine if Audrey Landers appears they'll keep that a secret. In her interview with Ultimate Dallas she confirmed she talked to producers, but couldn't say a yes or no about a return. And Cathy Podewell also literally lives on the same street as Cynthia Cidre and her character had a child with JR so she could also pop up anytime.

Right now we are still in wait and see mode.

Archived