Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The new Dallas got two different tv guide covers.

It does say Ted Shakelford was asked back, but he turned them down,cause it was basically a blink and you miss him type thing.

They talked about Victoria Principal and they said they can't see her returning, she never was close with the cast, but did talk to Patrick the other day and asked about Larry's heatlh.

• Members

Is Brenda Strong also aware that Pam wasn't really dead?

I don't understand how saying you are going to show campy trash and not show any seedier part of life is being "grounded." I'd rather see skid row than sex tape blackmail. I don't want to see any of these melting Ken dolls in plastic writhing.

• Members

Larry Hagman says he'll go as long as he can and hopes to play JR until he's 94 and "interred"

JR is in all 10 episodes of the new story, there were minor script changes made to lighten Hagman's work load

Duffy said he's wanted to work with Linda and Larry again since 1991 but it's impossible without people seeing them as JR, Sue Ellen and Bobby

• Members

I think of all the new actors, Brenda Strong is going to annoy me the most. Look Brenda, you're not Victoria Principal, you're not even Morgan Brittany. I cannot take you any more or less seriously than I do the other newbies. Your sing songy annoying narration of Desperate housewives only means you have a shorter rope to hang yourself with in my eyes, not longer. I never heard of you before DH and that is a stain on your record in my book, not a highlight.

Archived