GH: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Youre right, someone could definitely be removed for them to be added. But my comment was just that I don't see it happening. VM is expensive to keep around, I'm sure. Just like people were speculating that LisaLo and KeMo could be let go for VMs salary, I was saying I doubt Guza would be adding anymore people to contract status.

And I mean Brook has a lot of connections to the show.Shes a Quartermaine, and the goddaughter of Somny. Plus she's friends with Dante and has little rivalries with Maxie and Lulu. And then I could definitely see her being close to Brenda.

While I really adore Claire more than most of the women on the show, she just doesn't have many connections to the show. Either shell go the way of all other female law enforcement and fall for sonny, or maybe she won't. If she does, then what are the odds that she will be around in a year? Not good. Hannah, Reese,etc. weren't.

And as of right now she doesn't have any friends on the canvas. And the only thing we know about her life is from a brief photo of a baby, and that was never explored any further.

So while I love Claire, I honetly think if there was to be one of them ( Brook or Claire) that was gonna stay, I would think Guza would choose Brook.

I love them both, Claire almost as much as Brook and I hope that they can both stay, I was just saying what I predicted.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She'll last simply because VM won't, but I do agree that JaSam is horrid for Sam and has taken away all of her personality. LuSam was beautiful because not only was it unexpected (GH's best way to make a couple, actually) but it allowed Sam to be more than a mob moll. She was funny, intelligent, seductive, interested, LAW ABIDING, nurturing and sexy with GV's Lucky. Now she's back to being a cardboard figure and what's even worse this time around is that recent memory can attest to it not always being that way.

I love this show, but what angers me the most is how every other character is reduced to almost nothing in order to make the Unholy Trinity look good (and yet it still doesn't work). So much potential but until one or all of them leave, the other characters will never reach their full potential.

• Members

ITA. I loved the Claire/Lucky scenes. And I was rooting for them to become good friends, hopefully more...But, it just doesn't feel like it's going to happen.

If Claire ends up with Sonny...How long is that going to last? I'm sure with Brenda coming back to town, not long. And even if he stayed with Claire, and chose her over Brenda, what would make Claire any different from the other law-enforcement women he got with? Nothing. Unless she got pregnant. But I don't think they would do that...Or at least I hope. So for that pairing, I really see Sonny either dumping her like yesterday's trash for Brenda, or sticking with her till he's bored and she's dead, or heartbroken and leaving town.

As for Lucky. I really really liked them together and hoped the show would persue it....But I'm almost glad they didn't. I'm 99% positive that Lucky will be crawling back to Liz any time now, and I don't want to see Claire be the "rebound girl", who he'll dump as soon as he find out Aiden is his.

I really love Claire, and I hope she stays around...I was hoping that they would explore the baby thing...When Steven Webber was talking about the woman he was in love with, who left him for his best friend? I was thinking it could be Claire. And the baby she had a picture of could be his, and the reason she never got married to the best friend is because he didn't want to marry her while she was pregnany with Steven's child....It was just a way I thought they could tie her into the show.

• Members

Claire and Lucky had great chemistry. I wish they would end Liz and Lucky once and for all.

I loved the Sonny and Brenda flashback on friday. :wub: I will admit to being ridiculously excited about Brenda returning even though it pisses me off that AMC has to be preempted for the Brenda marathon on tuesday.

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, it reminds me of a scene either a week or two ago in Jason's penthouse. The entire scene, she hadn't a single line. Jason, Dante and Spinelli were doing all the talking. Sam was literally in the background, curled up on the couch, playing with her hair or something. I had to replay the scene because I thought maybe I missed it. Maybe she had a line? Nope. They all came into the penthouse from the top of the scene and she went directly to the couch and started playing with her hair. I was like, "why did they write her into the scene if she had no reason to be there?"

• Members

I dont think she'll ever get a storyline again. They might as well put Sam out of her misery. Its a shame whats been done with her or rather what isnt. She serves absoluetly no purpose and is just there. I'd rather GH rlease Kelly Monaco from her contract so she can go find work elsewhere that will actually use her.

• Members

NuKim, OLTL?

Just a thought.

But anyway....Yeah. What happened to the Sam I used to love? The gold-digging, trouble making, man hungry, passionate bad girl? She was fun. Her flirtation/relationship with Jax? Great. Even with Sonny she was good. Jason? NO.

She was great with Lucky...GH really just Shits on her lately.

• Members

Sam Lovers have to face facts. Kelly Monaco was shoehorned in by Brian Frons after the cancellation of Port Charles. Not only that, but shoehorned in via one of GH's greatest failures -- the overhyped Jax and Sam romance that never even remotely lived up to its hype. Sam (let alone Jax and Sam together) hadn't even aired yet and ABC was already pimping them.

ETA: SO....

Once Sam's initial purpose was no more, she really had nothing to do. Sam, as a character, has not been developed.

• Members

Oh I am no Sam lover. I liked her at first. But haven't cared for her since the storyline where her baby died.

I agree. The "Sax" relationship was a bust. I think it could have been great, I liked them together. But I guess it wasn't popular.

Anyway, it's time for her to go...She served her purpose, and hasn't been needed IMO in almost 5 years.

• Members

I dont think there are Sam lovers. There are Kelly Monaco lovers and lovers of who Sam used to be, but GH check out on the charater over a year ago. Theres really nothing there to love. They could get rid of her and place a mirror in all of Jason's scenes as all Sam does is agree with him and tell him how great he is. Heck Spinelli has effectively replaced her and they probably keep Sam around bc they cant have those two in intimate scenes together. Lord knows, Spinelli is already written as his second girlfriend

• Members

I tuned in on, i think it was friday, and man, i get why so many people hate dante/lulu. i always thought it was because they were on a lot, but damn they are unbearable characters alone, then you put them together. i never really paid them much attention before.

but those lulu/spin scenes where she was... i dont even know, i guess apologizing for being a shitty friend, she just came across fake.

Archived