2010 Daytime Emmy Awards: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I was happy for Cash Cab at least!!! smile.gif

Vanessa looked a mess, and she could barely walk! She looked very confused. One of the most interesting parts of the show, was hearing her new name lol

Kelly Monaco, especially in that Feed The Children segment, looked like she was asleep! Was I the only one who thought it looked like she had NO life in her face? Neither did Ron Moss. And Montel Williams, was a little touched when he started crying, but I think it would have had a bigger impact if he didn't have all of those glimmering diamond studs in his ears.

The crab part was embarrassing to watch, the whole cirque de soleil performance was a joke...it did not need to last that long, I mean come on..

They were at the way end, Regis Philbin and Susan Lucci announced them. They were all like 10 seconds long. GH, Y&R, and B&B's were good..AMC's was a joke !! I was so disappointed with what they put together. That was embarrassing, it could have been better than that.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they believe people just love him, because oh, well it's Dick Clark. That's nice, but I wish we hadn't had to see that tribute which was barely even about his work anyway (nothing about Pyramid...instead let's have a bunch of people like Marie Osmond who barely ever even appeared on Bandstand), and which then had to end up with the vacuous Smugcrest involved in an endless conversation with Dick which was I guess supposed to be hilarious.

As for Vanessa Marcil, she has always been in her own weird world -- no wonder she fit into the Prince video so well. I've never really gotten the greatness of her and seeing her hobble out onto the stage with that tight face and recluse manner didn't exactly change my mind.

• Members

Kelly Monaco didn't look bored. The bitch looked completely and utterly annoyed. No one forced you to do Feed the Children, honey. Chill out. You mad because no one offered you a line backstage?

GH, Sarah Joy, and Drew Garrett were robbed. Period. Nothing else to say about it.

And yes, Maria looked green with envy at Brad Bell's win. I'm so glad the cameras captured that little gem of a moment. :) If I couldn't get my arrogant JFP win, at least Y&R didn't win and at least we got to see Maria flushed with envy.

And gotta love Maura using her kids to gain employment. It was like, "Hey y'all, I gotta family to feed! Who's hiring me?"

Did anyone notice that the Daytime Emmys was so shameless they gave adtime to Mississippi Gulf Coast Tourism? LOL. I mean, it's bad enough they produced a show fit for Branson in Vegas, but now they want their audience to breathe in toxins as they lounge on the beach and eat (allegedly) oil-slicked seafood?

Just give me a press release of the winners next year or the ceremony streamed live over the internet.

• Members

Oh, the "I own her tail" storyline. Now I remember.

I was actually excited about B&B winning and Brad Bell crediting Susan Flannery, Allie Mills and Betty White for the writing win. They should have been nominated.

Brad stole JFP's strategy and it worked! And he didn't look smug doing it ... although his expression in that picture cracks me up.

• Administrator

The only thing I wanted was JFP/GH not winning and I got it! Yipee!! The power of Betty White continues - everything she touches turns into gold! I didn't mind seeing Brad Bell win again because he was genuinely happy, while if JFP won, she would've been all smug.

Happy for Maura West and Michael Park, and I've always liked Julie Pinson. The only surprise for me was Drew Tyler Bell winning - what the hell did he submit? I can't think of any emotional or "big" acting scenes he had in 2009.

I thought they wasted a lot of time of things like The Lion King, Blue Man Group, Cirque Du Soleil, the ad for the Hilton Hotel.

• Members

GH got ROBBED. They DESERVED best show.

I was OK with Drew Tyler Bell winning, because the only thing I really wanted was for Drew Garrett NOT to win, and he didn't so I was sooo happy. I would have rather seen Scott Clifton, but that's OK.

I was happy for Maura West won, because she IS good, and ATWT IS ending, but Sarah Joy Brown DESERVED that award...She was by FAR the best in that category...

And people keep saying ATWT won so much because they're ending...Well, if that's the case...WTF did GL win last year??? It just shows how much Guiding Light got Sh*t on over the last few years.

• Members

Just call that show what it was - a 2 hour long Vegas Commercial - and call it a day.

It was horrid - and when the Hotel got more time than ATWT????? What the hell was that?

I actually went back to YT and watched some of the 36th Emmys from last year. When VW looks like she's doing Sondheim at Carnegie, you know this was bad. (Can Regis just retire now.... please....)

The winners themselves - I actually felt bad for all of them Every single award felt like an afterthought. I don't usually watch award shows because they are usually tacky and self-agrandizing. But in this instance it was like watching a car wreck in slow motion, knowing you should turn away but just not being able to.

Archived