2010 Daytime Emmy Awards: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe this board was down during the Emmys. Disappointing.

I didn't watch, but I'm pleased that Billy Miller, Michael Park, and Maura West won. Julie Pinson winning was pathetic, but better her than some others. I'll look out for Michael Park's acceptance speech.

• Members

This images just cracks me up. Just look at it ... it's all kinds of crazy and weird going on! LMAO!

I watched the show ... and I don't know, maybe my expectations just gone down into the gutter, but I kinda thought it was kind of okay. Disappointed in the ATWT tribute though and they spent way too long on Dick Clark. The irony is that there used to be a time not too long ago that he'd be trying to get them to wrap that up.

I didn't realize that guy from the GH directing team was Bev McKinsey's son. I was wondering why he mentioned the P&G soaps. That was nice of him.

I haven't watch ATWT in a good while, but it was nice seeing Michael Park and Maura West winning.

DTB ... did he even have any screen time last year?????

I noticed half the people nominated for work on other shows are either on B&B now or will soon be ... that's weird. I wonder where they all sat or if they went up on stage when B&B won?

All in all, I thought the show was a step or two above crap. No more, no less.

• Members

AZ and SC suck...lol. SB is overrrated!

Yeah it was because of the SON live feed. Which sucked big time...sorry Toups and Co. The video lagged..and Matt P. voice could barely be heard. I was so glad to see Michael Park finally win! That made my night! To have Maura win was icing on the cake! Glad to see Scott Defritas there! Fuckin Goutman couldnt get him for the last show??...[!@#$%^&*] you Goutman!! I was pissed everyone was thanking that ass!!

• Members

LOL - for the last part. (Another LMAO for Rhonda Friedman in that pic - girl is a fierce b*tch)

Drew Tyler Bell got the Rick-mania story and really stepped up his game. It was a month worth of actual story but he played it pretty well. Nevertheless I was surprised by the nod (as B&B only acting one) and even moreso by the win.

I suppose Maura West will be checking into CBS Television CIty by the end of summer. B&B is terribly overcrowded by fierce woman but I suppose Brad won't resist to hire her and Lesli Kay...

...or Maria signs them up.

Finally, B&B scoring 3 major awards out of 3 nominations - KUDOS, Brad followed GH's Emmy bait route and is a derserving winner! Screw yourself, JFP!

• Members

LOL! They probably get along with him and think that he might get another producer job so he can hire them. People who are out of work can't burn bridges.

Yeah, I read that Maura said she was moving west. She has got five children to feed. She is going where there is work. Her best shot are the CBS soaps.

I was happy for B&B also. Better Brad Bell than JFP or Guza. Betty White is hot and has buzz. It isn't surprising that an episode featuring her would win.

• Members

Just because ATWT was on the air for 53 years doesn't mean it deserved that 53 second piece of crap tribute! That part just made my blood boil, it was beyond pathetic. The ATWT cast didn't even get to go up to the stage and take a bow, we just got a 2 second pan shot of the cast in the audience and that was it?? wow. CBS sold their souls to Vegas, and Soap fans were thrown right under the bus for it. A complete travesty of a telecast!

• Members

Worst Daytime Emmys ever.

Highlights:

~ Michael Park winning.

~ Maura West winning.

~ GH not winning the top award.

~ Scott McKinsey's shout-out to GL and ATWT.

~ Dick Clark's reaction to the Bandstand tribute.

~ The Agnes Nixon tribute -- this was the only part of the entire show where real clips (with sound) of any shows were played.

Lowlights:

~ Everything else.

~ The Bandstand tribute was entirely too long in proportion to the length of the broadcast. The clip packages plus the group performance of the theme song was MORE THAN ENOUGH.

~ The ATWT tribute was entirely too short in proportion to the length of the broadcast.

~ The Las Vegas travelogue.

~ The Lion King.

~ Cirque du Soleil.

~ Regis Philbin.

~ Blue Man Group.

~ Billy Miller winning over Brian Kerwin.

~ Drew Tyler Bell winning over Scott Clifton (nice speech, though).

~ Entire daytime genres being kicked out of the ceremony.

~ The Masseys, who have never been regulars on a daytime television show ever, but have still managed to appear on two Daytime Emmys shows.

~ No mention at all of Helen Wagner, Frances Reid, or James Mitchell, despite them all passing away within months of each other. I know it's been a long time since they've memorialized anyone at this thing, this was just ridiculous. Three legends. Ignored. Forgotten. By their own industry. In favor of Blue Man Group, Cirque du Soleil, and The Lion King.

• Members

Cause he and Pissy ..who were sitting together at the awards..ugh......cancelled this show! Had Goutman cared about this show he would have made drastic changes in the show!!

The ATWT tribute sucked!! No Helen Wagner mention?? No ATWT cast members on stage taking a bow??

And why was TSJ holding ME hand as they walked out?...LOL Are my TSJ gay fantasies coming true?? :wub:

Archived