2010 Daytime Emmy Awards: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Alison Sweeney, David Canery, Missy Clair.. they were all robbed of a nomination. They should all be walking away with the awards, IMHO.

Shannon Kane also deserves to be nominated over MS & KC, but at least Shelley got the nom and hopefully the win.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree. It's not like he's trying to shill his girlfriend's struggling singing career ("Hi, I'm Peter Reckell. Meet my wife, recording artist Kelly [not-making-]Moneymaker!") We all read the Carolyn Hinsey Is Fired post. We know which side his bread is buttered ;)

• Members

I'll go with Crystal Chappell because she had a great buzzworthy year. Or Michelle Stafford just to stick it to the naysayers. Say what you want, the chick's got talent.

I enjoy James Scott, but overall I think he's overrated. If he spoke without an accent, lonely housewives and horny gay men would barely look twice. Plus I'm still on Team Lucas ;) Doug Davidson, I've always felt is a Y&R veteran that is very expendable. He hasn't had a true storyline where he's the A-player in years. Plus, it always sounds like he needs to cough up a huge wad of phlegm.

Who would've ever thought, after fading away a few years back, that Zucker would emerge as DAYS' saving grace? To compare her work from 1998 when she first arrived, her craft has improved by leaps and bounds! A nice runner-up would be Beth Chamberlin, who has also improved her performance tremendously since the days of wimpering, jittering, arms-flailing desperate Bethetic of the late 90's. Plus, it'd be nice to have one last hurrah for a GL vet.

Once again, I say "Eff the haters!" Billy Miller makes even the weakest of actresses more enjoyable when they're in scenes with him. Chomp away!

Pick a name out of a straw hat. I honestly don't care either way. It'll probably go to the GH chick. At least the girl who plays DAYS' Mia wasn't nominated. Oh, to go back to the days when we had such worthy talents like Sarah Brown, Heather Tom, and Christie Clarke in this category!

How sad that 4 out of the 5 nominated actors were all let go and/or replaced? Just shows you how ridiculous this Younger Lead category has gotten.

• Members

Outstanding Drama Series

The Bold and The Beautiful

Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team

The Bold and The Beautiful

Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team

One Life To Live

Outstanding Lead Actress

BOBBIE EAKES, as Krystal Carey (AMC)

Outstanding Lead Actor

DOUG DAVIDSON, as Paul Williams (Y&R)

Outstanding Supporting Actress

CAROLYN HENNESY, as Diane Miller (GH)

Outstanding Supporting Actor

BRIAN KERWIN, as Charlie Banks (OLTL)

Outstanding Younger Actress

JULIE BERMAN, as Lulu Spencer (GH)

Outstanding Younger Actor

DREW GARRETT, as Michael Corinthos, Jr. (GH)

• Members

DOOL actors on their Emmy nods

via press release

"I am a bit surprised to be honest… It's an incredible honor to be included amongst actors of such great caliber." – James Scott (EJ DiMera, Days of our Lives)

"I got an email and thought it was a joke. I was thinking, 'Wow, this is a REALLY mean prank' but then the DAYS publicist called and told me it was true…I am beyond honored!" – Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson, Days of our Lives)

"After being on the show for eleven years, being nominated for the very first time feels absolutely amazing!" – Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker, Days of our Lives)

"I'm so proud of everybody; our show is beautifully represented with the talent nominees this year!" – Molly Burnett (Melanie Layton, Days of our Lives)

"This came as quite a shock. One of my mom's friends called to tell her because she saw it online and my mom called me and I was speechless. I am really very, very honored and humbled to be nominated along side all these amazing actors. I am also looking forward to seeing some of my ex-castmates at the awards." – Dylan Michael Patton (Ex-Will Horton, Days of our Lives)

• Members

What I think should be done with the younger actor/actress category is merge and split them into best child (12 and under) performer and best youth (13-19) performer. If there aren't enough nominees to fill either category, then don't give the award out. This way 10 year olds don't have to compete with 25 year olds, ie. Y&R's nominees in this category during the late 1990s/early 2000s.

When did the age limit of 25 come into effect for the younger categories? I'm thinking it had to be in the early 1990s, as Julianne Moore was over 25 when she won the younger actress category in 1988.

• Members

DAYS, ONE LIFE should've gotten nods for Best Drama.

David Canary(AMC), Vincent Irizarry(AMC) should've been nominated for Best Actor (not to mention Trevor St. John, OLTL's Todd, but again he wasn't prenominated). In his last year on AMC, I thought David Canary was a sure best for a nom, maybe even another record-setting win.

Alison Sweeney(DAYS), Alicia Minshew(AMC), Hillary B. Smith(OLTL) & Laura Wright(GH) are big ommissions in the Best Actress category. It's a damned shame Ali wasn't nominated for some of her best acting ever in the baby switch story. Minshew should've gotten the nom over Bobbie Eakes, who is not a lead actor and I can't think what would even be on her real to deserve a nom!??!

What big slap in the faces of DAYS, GH & ONE LIFE for the noms of Dylan Patton(exWill), Drew Garrett(ex-Michael) and Scott Clifton(ex-Schuyler). Garrett should've never been recast, Clifton shouldn't have been axed and Patton is better than the new Will, although he shouldn't been nominated.

Brandon Buddy(OLTL) would've been a better nom in Younger Actor. Also, Carmen LaPorto(Jack, OLTL), Eddie Alderson(Matthew, OLTL), Casey Jon Deidrich(Chad, DAYS) and Cornelius Smith, Jr.(Frankie, AMC) deserve noms more than some in the running.

Julie Berman(Lulu, GH) should with no problem win Younger Lead Actress again because her comp is so weak. Where's Kristen Alderson, Kelley Missal, Amanda Setton, and/or Brittany Underwood from OLTL?, Taylor Sprietler from DAYS, Kirsten Storms and Lexi Ainsworth from GH?

In Supporting, Jon Paul Lavoisier(Rex, OLTL), Jacob Young(JR, AMC), Tuc Watkins(David, OLTL), Scott Evans(ex-Fish, OLTL), Brett Claywell(ex-Kyle, OLTL) are some that would've been better noms than those who were. Joe Mascolo(DAYS) is another missing name,

In supporting Chrishell Stause(AMC), Jill Larson(AMC), Ilene Kristen(OLTL) & Rebecca Herbst(GH) should've been nominated

Plus Where's Ellen DeGeneres in Best Talk Show Host, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Meredith Viera are missing in best game show and game show host, Drew Carey as game show host, Paula Deen and Rachael Ray in the cooking categories.

• Members

She had so much more to work with from 2009 than Bobbie Eakes did. BE just had that one storyline from early 2009 (when David was drugging her), then Krystal just faded away into the Martin Attic shadows. ITA that AM should have been nominated over her. I can think of 5 things right away that she could have put on her reel.

• Members

I disagree, under 25 works fine IMHO.

I think the emmys need a Guest Aactor spot for short term stories/recurring players/etc

Plent of kids have won over the years when it was deserved. It isnt like going up against ppl in 20's means they cant win.

Archived