2010 Daytime Emmy Awards: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Yes, but look at the travesty's that have taken his place ... Billy Miller, Bradford Anderson, Jonathan Jackson (Only because of his eligible material, or non-material in this case), Ricky Paull Goldin

Can you honestly say these joke nominations deserved it more over Mark Lawson? No? I thought so.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's an omissions and error period where names can be added if there's good reason. But maybe it was done on purpose because. I think it was an oversight. But didn't Y&R have a constantly revolving door last year? It was probably hard to keep track.

• Administrator

There are some missing names on the writing nods. Y&R: Tom Casiello, Lisa Connor and Teresa Zimmerman; B&B: Donna Swajeski. Same thing happened last year with Fran Myers at OLTL. And it's the reverse of 2 years ago when Anna Cascio was on the OLTL ballot when she was only with the show for less than 3 weeks in the eligibility period.

No it's not. LOL ;) Like I said last year, the people who send names on the ballot should come to me first. :lol:

• Members

No. I mean, yes. You're right. Jonathan Jackson deserved the nod, but probably not the others. Still, even if ML had been nominated, I'd been pissed if he got it when actors like Trent Dawson (Henry, ATWT), Joseph Mascolo (Stefano, DAYS) and even his former castmate, Brett "9-1-1 Daytime Is a Joke" Claywell (Kyle) didn't. Hell, I am pissed these (and other) actors didn't get nominated!

• Members

Who said Michelle Stafford isnt the Queen on Y&R and that SH was taking over :lol::lol: just kidding. I heard MS's pre nom reel was the BOMB. Says a lot that she got the nom in a story geared and centered around another actress.

Yeah SH is def overrated, she did nothing for me as Patty!

SC is way too predictable, same stuff from 2005, which didnt get her a nom, and Beth Maitland outshined her as a grieving Mother who has lost her daughter.

Kudoes to all the Y&R Noms, and the rest of the Noms ;)

• Members

Brett needs to remember that calling something "groundbreaking" doesn't actually make it good or worthy of any sort of nomination. Just cause you scored a pre-nom by process of elimination doesn't mean you have a chance. Just made me giggle--and really, out of all the actors who didn't get a nom HE"S upset and verbal about it...WTF?

I know I'll get strung up, but I'm glad Betty White didn't get a nom. Sorry, for her stuff a while back yes she should have, but not those episodes.

Despite being as front runner, Julie Berman's inability to pick good tapes pretty much means it will be Shelley or Molly.

Archived