2010 Daytime Emmy Awards: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Well here are who I hope wins...

There are only 3 soap categories that I care about this year: Series, Writing and Supporting Actress.

For Series, it has to be GH and that's because the Carnival episodes were amazingly executed and I want another JFP speech (I LOVE YOU COURTNEY PHELPS!).

For Writing, I want it to be B&B because the Ann Douglas Beach Death was really well done Emmy bait.

For Supporting Actress, it HAS to be Arianne Zuker. She single handedly carried DAYS for a year and to a renewal. She's the reason and only her. I can't think of someone whose deserved an Emmy this much in a long time.

Otherwise, I'd like to see Judge Judy finally win (though that tacky Judge Cristina is nominated again even though she's been cancelled) and for Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa to sweep whatever it's nominated in. Talk show host, the Ladies of The View.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

JFP ROCKS! Even Harding Lemay admits that she's the best producer he's ever worked with.

+1

With Case out of the running, there is no underdog I feel more strongly about than Zuker.

When you look at her competition, she should have it in the bag (no offense BC- I :wub: you)

IMO, the one she has to watch out for is Pinson.

• Members

I actually thought she was pretty good last year, especially in early 2009 in the storyline where she was with David and he was drugging her with those pills. I thought BE gave some great performances, as Krystal under the influence of David's synthetic pills. I think she deserves the nod!

• Members

Wow, these get worse and worse every year. But what's even sadder is that I didn't even know the nominations were being announced today. And I really don't care that I missed them. Okay, maybe a little bit. But to see this list... yikes... They really should just put an end to the Younger Lead Actor/Actress category if they're going to pick from the bottom of the barrel like that. It's not like any other award show anywhere has these categories. It's just to appease 70-year-old veterans who don't want to be upstaged by 20-year-old ingenues.

• Members

I don't even care about the Daytime Emmy's anymore, they mean nothing outside of the daytime industry and are considered a joke overall.

But, hopefully, anyone but Y&R wins Drama Series and Writing. :)

SO HAPPY Stacy Haiduk's overrated ass was NOT nominated for Supporting Actress!!!! :)

Ugh at Billy Miller getting a nomination for chomping his teeth and constant ticking...

Pleasantly surprised Doug Davidson, Sarah Brown, Beth Chamberlin, and Drew Garrett were nominated. :)

Archived