2010 Daytime Emmy Awards: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the one hand, Claywell is right about daytime being a joke - although, I don't think he'd feel the same if he were actually nominated, lol. But, yeah, it isn't good or smart to be bitter about the slight. Lots of actors were overlooked this year (and every year), I think.

• Members

Lifetime Achievement Award: Agnes Nixon? Again? Because, David Canary and/or James Mitchell doesn't need one?

Outstanding Drama Series: B&B.

Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team: B&B.

Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team : B&B. (Could B&B really hit a trifecta this year? I think so.)

Outstanding Lead Actress: Crystal Chappell (Olivia, GL).

Outstanding Lead Actor: James Scott (E.J., DAYS) - I know it's crazy to say that; and yes, Doug Davidson's nod here is long overdue; but I just don't have that "gut feeling" about him, or even Peter Bergman.

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Arianne Zucker (Nicole, DAYS).

Outstanding Supporting Actor: Jonathan Jackson (Lucky, GH).

Outstanding Younger Actress: Either Molly Burnett (Melanie, DAYS) or Shelley Hennig (Stephanie, DAYS), with Burnett having the slight edge.

Outstanding Younger Actor: Drew Garrett (Michael, GH), although, IMO, Scott Clifton (ex-Schuyler, OLTL) is more deserving.

• Members

Yeah, but RYAN'S HOPE deserved all three, b/c the show was just that good. Whereas, B&B's getting all three, IMO, because the others just suck that much. There's a difference, lol.

• Members

Amello, I'm rooting for Millionaire or Deal or no Deal for Game Show. And of course, Meredith or Howie for host. :)(I haven't even seen those noms yet).

Wow. Just f ucking wow.

Great to see mediocrity honored and encouraged. I'm glad I overslept this morning instead of staying up for the nominees.

I can't believe Y&R was nominated for Drama Series and Writing. On what [!@#$%^&*] universe!? I bet we're in for a Y&R win.

I am SOOOO desperately rooting for a General Hospital win. I want the Bells and JFP-wannabe Julie Hanan to eat sh!t and die.

Absolutely rooting for Drew Garrett to win Younger Actor, Sarah Joy for Lead Actress(sticking it to Laura Wright), and GH for Drama Series and Directing.

And I am not surprised that the Betty White stunt didn't work. People in daytime could care less about her guest-starring appearance, especially considering that her story was so completely shallow.

Shelly Hennig and Molly Burnett?! Who the hell was on the judging committee, JackPeyton?! :lol::lol::lol:

My pressure can't handle a Y&R win for anything.

On the bright side, at least Granny Cooper and Stacy Haiduk were snubbed. :)

There's no way in HELL B&B will nab a trifecta.

• Members

+1

He can't be serious?! Really?! Daytime is a joke because he didn't get nominated?!

Give me a break! Suck it up and move along. People aren't gonna even remember you in a month. Most of us have already forgotten.

• Members

If Sarah wins, she'll be the only actor to have a Daytime Emmy in the Younger Category, Supporting Category, and Lead Category.

And LOL at sticking it to Laura Wright. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wright tries so hard with her scenery chewing acting to get Emmy attention, but she's not that good and she just can't get nominated, you know it has to hurt her a bit that Brown got nominated over her...

• Members

BEWARE OF RANT!

First, the only nominee in the ENTIRE list that absolutely MUST win is Cash Cab. :)

Those who were disgustingly RAPED of a nomination are the following:

DAVID CANARY

HILLARY SMITH

SHARON CASE

MARK LAWSON

BRETT CLAYWELL

MELISSA CLAIRE EGAN

CHRISHELL STAUSE

SHANNON KANE - she should be WINNING this year. She can easily act circles around all the pre-nominees in her category. What an utter embarrassment. Every actress in that category should be ashamed of themselves, their profession and the industry for thinking they deserve a nomination.

SCOTT EVANS

In fact, the Emmy's should ABOLISH the younger acting categories. They are completely useless and a huge offense. No other major award show has such a category and neither should the Daytime Emmy's. Utterky stupid and dispicable. Especially when time could be saved for a Guest category or a In Memoriam segment.

People that should win amongst these nominations, such as they are ...

Sarah Brown or Maura West. Chappell is overrated as hell and Stafford is a [!@#$%^&*], so I want them both to lose. I've always loved Eakes, but her nomination is a huge WTF?

MICHAEL PARK! - He had the best performance out of any actor or actress in 2009. If he doesn't win, all soaps should be canceled IMMEDIATELY, never to be heard from again. And seriously, this Academy nominated [!@#$%^&*] Lindstrom? He has not had ONE SECOND of screen time where ANYONE with a [!@#$%^&*] BRAIN bought him as Craig Montgomery. Disgusting, Revolting. James Scott's nomination pisses me off. He sucks, always has, always will. People just like him because he's British. A.K.A people are stupid.

Beth Chamberlin winning would be a nice surprise. Williamson and Pinson are [!@#$%^&*] HAMS! I'll be proud for Zucker if she wins as well.

Supporting actor. What a [!@#$%^&*] DISGUSTING category. Billy Miller - [!@#$%^&*], [!@#$%^&*], OVERBLOWN [!@#$%^&*]. He is not Billy Abbott. He needs to be FIRED IMMEDIATELY, he [!@#$%^&*] sucks balls. The end.

Kerwin is the ONLY nominee that makes ANY sort of sense. If he doesn't win, the Emmy voters deserve to be dismembered!

Younger Actress - EVERY ACTRESS IN THE CATEGORY [!@#$%^&*] SUCKS HARDCORE. VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT!!!

Younger Actor - Garrett has the hype. But I want Clifton to pull an upset. It's unbelievable that he has yet to win, even though he has been nominated thrice before. Me thinks he might win, not just based on his OLTL performance, but because of his past nominations in this category.

Lastly, here are the people I am ECSTATIC about not getting nominations ...

THORSTEN KAYE

MAURICE BENARD

ANTHONY GEARY

ALICIA MINSHEW

ALISON SWEENEY

LAURA WRIGHT

CADY MCCLAIN

STACY HAIDUK

These screen sucking MONSTERS suck donkey balls and are overrated PIECES OF TRASH who have NO RIGHT being thought of as actors in the FIRST PLACE!

Also, Claywell SHOULD be pissed and SHOULD proclaim his bitterness. He should be a MAJOR contender this year, but nope, the ACADEMY and their politics are too [!@#$%^&*] busy sucking the WRONG dick to notice.

Archived