2010 Daytime Emmy Awards: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

That fact that GH was robbed (because production wise it was by far the best though the actual content sucked) made it that much sweeter. GH was the favorite and they lost. I'm so anti-JFP, my mantra was "anyone but GH to win." :)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:wub:The Golden Girl that is Betty White!

Drew submitted the tape where he confessed being Rick's stalker.

Yup!

:lol:Eh....GH can suck it....lol

Clifton is soooooooooooooooooooo overrated little [!@#$%^&*] actor! :lol:

I'm not that impressed with SJB. She wasnt that great on ATWT.

• Members

Betty White won that award for B&B, and from those clips it was well deserved. I don't think GH should feel bad in the least that one of the Grand Dames helped a show walk away with it in last years of her career.

• Members

Hahaha!

I am not a huge huge fan of Scott Clifton, but I definitely think he was better than the other actors who were in the category, IMO.

And yeah, SJB really didn't do anything that great on ATWT. But both of her runs on GH were outstanding....Her B&B role COULD be great, but they never give her anything to do.

• Members

I was solidly in the camp "anyone but Drew Garret" so I was content. Scott Clifton would have been nice, but I didn't really care. I don't think we've seen anyone with more undue press than DG of late. No one is doing that kid favours by stroking his ego and telling him GH just got mean.

BTW, have the Technical Emmys been listed anywhere?

• Members

FINALLY, someone who I see completely eye to eye with. Thank you!

And, before I forget to mention...

Did Vanessa Marcil....forget how to walk??? She came tumbling out onto the stage, waddled over, couldn't find the mic, was talking to herself, and then looked like she was unaware of where the teleprompter was located........Someone had a BIT too much to drink.

• Members

She really is. I think she is perfectly capable, and good enough, to be on the show, but they put her in a role that really should have been a very short stint. After she lost the baby, she just should have left the show. They are really wasting her, and now when we see her, it's just kind of "what's the point?", because she's lost the baby, her secret about Bridget and Owen is out, and she never shares scenes with Whip or Oliver (her only family)...So she might as well just go.

• Members

I think that that was probably the last Daytime Emmys to be televised. What audience was it supposed to appeal to? I can't imagine that anyone other than a few soap fans (who are accustomed to prolonged periods of intense suckage anyway) watched for more than 5 minutes.

I think CBS went out on a limb this year deciding to broadcast the show, and clearly, it wasn't worth it.

I swear, every year I watch and think, "Well, that was awful," but then the next year, I always get inappropriately pumped. Alas...

• Members

GH ain't deserved [!@#$%^&*]. People complain and complain about how much that show sucks and how it makes one or two episodes a year in order to impress the Emmy judges, yet when the Emmys roll around, it's all "GH deserves to win because it was the best." B&B beat them at their own game this year, and with an episode that didn't involve a car crash, train crash, bus crash, helicopter crash, stock market crash, blood, guts, and violence. I bet Bob and Jill went to bed with hemorrhoids.

• Members

ITA, i think she would have fit in much beetter on that show...B&B really seems, more so than any other show to me, to have a real "type" of actors, and a certain feel to the show that doesn't suit all actors. And I think SJB fell victim to it here.

Archived