2010 Daytime Emmy Awards: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a really good night for her. I know she's probably had some work done on her face but she still looks like herself, and she had a great wig on, much better than what I've seen on her in the infrequent times I've watched the show.

• Members

Well, i did.

Was it perfect? No. The Dick Clark thing was way too long (and why? what was the point? he didnt get the lifetime award...). The ATWT tribute was too short and no RIP montage was sad. However, the good way out lists the bad. First, and foremost, the winners were well deserved. Nobody who won didnt deserve their award. They may not have all been my personal pick or first choice, but i see why they won. Second, i feel it flowed very nice. It was a good balance between soaps and non soaps, because as many forget these are not the soap opera awards. I also loved the talent there, the vegas acts were fun and different than the crap we have been given for the past several years. Also, the agnes nixon tribute was brilliant. So well done. The presenters were different than what was expected, i liked that a lot.

I am also maybe to easy in overlooking the vegas/hilton product placements because i understand it had to be done to put the show on.

I also know a lot of stars said that this was the best the emmys have been in years and loved it. They were all talking about it.

• Members

Drew Tyler Bell winning an Emmy is a travesty. We'll never get rid of him now. Although, if he'd bring even half as much energy to his acting as he did to his acceptance speech, there wouldn't be a problem.

Archived