Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I fear they're going to pull a Brandi Redmond on Jennie. The casting company for SLC confirmed they're doing last minute casting for diverse newbies. That tells me they didn't have someone Black lined up and are likely desperate to replace Mary. Whoever they find will be in the same situation Tiffany was, where she has to walk on eggshells around Jennie. I'm sure Jennie will cry and do the remorseful act and weak women like Heather and Whitney will forgive her and the Black woman will feel pressure to accept her. I just don't see what positive they can get out of keeping Jennie. We still haven't seen her physically attacking Mary as Mary was walking away. That is going to start a whole new firestorm. 

Mary liked this tweet, which makes me think she's no longer interested and I can't blame her:

There is just no good that can come out of filming with Jennie. This is a dark road Bravo is going down and they've shown they struggle when dealing with racism against Black people.

• Members

Surely Bravo is not so stupid as to keep this newbie non-entity in the face of audience and cast disgust?? Bravo knows that keeping and coddling Brandi Redmond for the whole season was absolutely the worst decision it made in terms of RHOD. It killed the show, and was only one in a series of shaky decisions about race that Bravo made last year, even as it tried to embrace more diversity.

Jennie just isn't important to the show like the S1 cast are and can be quickly dispensed with. I think Bravo is hastily trying to film the fallout from this week, whereupon Jennie will be exiled from 'the group.' That's my speculation. There will be lingering repercussions, of course, namely Lisa's flimsy condemnation of Jennie compared with Jen and Heather.

My question is, what happens with the rest of this current season? Not to mention Reunion which will probably feature Jennie quite a bit. Without Mary there, she likely controlled the narrative when it came to their beef. Is Bravo re-editing to minimize her role, or will they be front-loading Jennie attacking Mary so as to reinforce what an awful person she is?

Honestly, Bravo just needs to film Jennie being dropped from the group, and maybe pause production for a few weeks while it assesses some newbies and gets its act together. 

(P.S.: Speaking of RHOD, would love to see Tiffany and D'Andra pop up in SLC. For some reason, I think they'd be a good fit).

Edited by Cat

• Members

Finally watched RHOM, and it was a packed episode. 

First off, I agree that the women have plenty going on in their own lives that they don't need to be thrown together every episode for manufactured drama. I love seeing Guerdy doing her event planning, and Alexia basically breathing drama. She is a Bravo producer's dream in terms of her real life and her willingness to hold her own with the other women. She is the Alpha Dog.

Secondly, I was ready to put Nicole in the one-and-done category, but she stepped it up this episode. First of all, the confrontation with her clearly-drunk dad which likely did not go the way she envisioned and was all the more organic because of it. Second, Nicole finally leaned into her inner Cubana -- you could hear it in her accent and greater use of Spanish with Alexia. I feel like this gave her toughness and allowed her to take on four women coming for her all dinner long.

Now, do I think Marysol brought this up to thirstily keep the drama going and finally claim that mojito? Yes I do. Marysol is that HW. However, I 100% agree with you that Baby Nicole made a classic rookie mistake. She got involved in someone else's drama. And she talked out of turn about the women while Marysol took notes. She handled herself well but damage was done. Nicole did strike back with that 'Alexia talking about Marysol behind her back' comment. We will see how that shakes out next week, because Marysol looked like she believed it for a minute.

Speaking of trying to land that mojito -- Adriana in the bath. Lord! And Julia soaping her back and ogling. I'm starting to think that Julia may not be very bright, although I did like her Voice of Reason throughout the dinner.

Alexia spoke the Lord's Truth about Lisa bringing glam to the house. WTF? For a clambake where she wore jeans and a tank top? I love glamour and fashion and all that,  but glam-with-no-place-to-go has completely overtaken these shows in lieu of actual SLs, and it is completely ridiculous. I love that Alexia and Marysol did their own looks together and we got to see it. And this just echoes what an empty vessel Lisa is. All looks and fillers and nothing else. At least Larsa has a jewellery line to promote.

The only thing I disagree on with you is Kiki. I love her fashion and hair looks. But she is like a ghost floating through this pack of women. When she said she needed to "caca," literally nobody reacted and I was like 'Do they not see her standing right there?' 

• Members

Well, I expect Twitter will be a firestorm tonight.

Meanwhile, like @Chris B I want to see how Mary vs Jeannie with the glass throw goes down or if it will be edited out now.

I will probably finish out the season myself, but I see people are boycotting. 

Meanwhile...Meredith tweet THIS.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Alexia can be the alpha because she has different sides she's showing.  She loves her kids (enabling though), has a good banter with Todd, good friend vibes with Marysol, and can be dramatic with women she doesn't like.  She's well rounded.

Marysol came across thirsty, as does Adriana.  Had this been on Bravo..those 2 would have had Mojitos..but Peacock has different criteria it appears.

Marysol should just remain a friend.

• Members

Not shocked either that Andy didn't address it. This just further proves Nene's point that Bravo is racist. They cherry pick when to show outrage and ignore other matters until they are literally strong-armed into taking proper actions. 

I am also not surprised that Lisa Barlow veers right. I am pretty certain that all these women minus Jen Shah are Trump supporters. They are just as crafty as Jennie could not be. 

Speaking of Lisa, she is about to dig herself a BIG hole next week by spewing those salacious rumors about Meredith. Jesus! These women all truly hate each other. Never have a seen a cast of women utterly loathe each other. Season 3 is gonna be a brawl for all. 

• Members

Heather, Whitney, Mary, and Meredith have no political donations to their names, so I'll refrain from ascribing any political affiliations to them. Jen Shah has donated to the Democratic Party PAC ActBlue.

I agree with you that this cast is become very toxic very quickly. And they've gone from 0 to 60 in their hatred, especially Meredith and Lisa.