Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Ugh, I feared WWHL would blow this. After all, the episode was taped last Wednesday, before this mess took a life of its own. But Andy and Lisa kept saying on Twitter "It will get addressed on Sunday's WWHL." I thought, given the gagging of the cast, that maybe Bravo was waiting for this moment to make a definitive announcement.

It was worse than I feared -- Andy didn't even say anything on behalf of Bravo. Lisa simpered some empty words about "doing better."

Andy has lost touch with the mood of the audience. Surely he saw the situation building with Tweets he was receiving Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Many of the Tweets were crying out for Bravo to break its silence -- which the network still has not done.

I'll give it to Jen Shah, Heather, Whitney and Meredith -- they understood before Andy did that the audience wanted clarity. Meredith was prevented from talking from the jump. Her eventual statement was very clear on where she stands. It is telling that these women broke ranks with Bravo to issue statements, maybe to force Bravo's hand? Only Bravo (and Andy) do not want to make a move one way or another. This is an awful look for the network.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHONY got toxic in its third season and went really hardcore in S4.

The thing about RHONY was that most of the women were legit friends in S1-S3. Ramona and Jill knew each other for at least a decade, Jill and Luann got close, Jill and Bethenny got REALLY close, Ramona and Sonja were longtime pals. The fact that these were real relationships resonated -- although that is not to say that Jill Zarin and others weren't strategizing and self-producing for the show, trying to win the audience on their side, because they were. It's why their RL relationships couldn't be sustained, because Jill was briefing Page Six against Ramona, and vice versa.

With SLC, as Meredith referred to Jennie in her statement, these are 'co-workers.' The toxicity feels different as a result (and even contrived), and this has an impact on our investment in this cast.

Edited by Cat

• Members

On a lighter note -- RHONJ. Melissa & Joe are building a new McMansion to replace their old McMansion. I wonder if this will be Melissa's SL this season? After 'marriage problems' and 'possible secret half-sister.'

Remember when the real estate agent took clients through their old place, and they discovered that the bathroom 'marble' was actually wood?

GIF jennifer dalton real housewives of new jersey rhonj - animiertes GIF  auf GIFER

• Members

Meredith’s comments and Bravo’s silence make me think they’re trying to create a world where Jennie can stay and have a Brandi Redmond-esque redemption season. I think that’s why she’s going so hard to avoid that from happening. Who wants to be part of a hardcore racists apology tour?!

This House looks hideous and *so* Jersey. 

• Members

I don't know... Is Jennie Nguyen worth the effort for Bravo? A Brandi Redmond season-long redemption arc? I do not understand it. What Jennie is bringing to the table here compared with the other 6 women? Bravo would be dumb AF to throw its support behind this easily-replaceable FOH.

Judging by Andy's radio comments, I think it sounds like Bravo may now be trying to plan her exit. That false-advertising WWHL episode was NOT well-received at all. I cannot see Bravo keeping her on after the backlash of the last few days -- and people threatening to boycott Bravo completely.

I know it's a skeleton at the moment, but Melissa's new house is def making space for a bunch of chateau windows and turrets of different shapes and sizes.

Edited by Cat