Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

This is 100% why I can't warm to Jen. The screaming and poking fingers in people's faces is abusive and, as you say, intimidatory. She appears to be a step away from losing it, but she won't.  Because Jen is fully in control and knows not to completely mess up her chance on the show. The point of the screaming is to instill fear and keep the other women in check.

Are there times when I enjoy Jen? Sure. Drunken Jen stepping on the float in the pool and doing a bed breakdance for the cameraman is entertaining. But I'm always aware of how controlled she is, even in her anger and upset, and how easily she can toss out a lie.

Also noteworthy: Jen's mother gives her her life savings and suddenly Jen is back to bringing glam with her on trips. Ok.

I too don't understand the coddling. Is Jen somewhat more fun to watch than Erika? Sure. But her crimes are somewhat more serious. As fairweather a friend as Lisa is, I can understand why she doesn't want to get too close to that. The instigators of this coddling are Bad Weather, and they have their own agenda. Part of it is they want to gang up with Jen to go after the people they dislike in the group. So now we have this ridiculous assertion that Meredith and/or Mary 'tipped off' the Feds. Please! The Feds built their own case against Jen Shah, likely through wire taps and witness statements from victims and intimidated employees.

Little Girl boohooing about Mary not wanting to be her fwend was hilariously insincere, and Mary rightly paid her dust. Meanwhile, Heather wants to be seen to be Jen's ride-or-die at all costs, for her own reasons. She is very much enjoying the breakdown in Jen's other friendships.

Meredith needs to watch it with ultimatums about not inviting Shahmazing where she is. She's going to invite herself right out of a job. I can't even remember what it is she's traumatised about. However, I do appreciate that she is the only one who stands up to Jen's screaming and finger poking.

@DaytimeFan I read about Mary's church getting boarded up. Faith (Temple) No More! And the cash is probably long gone, too. This is likely the main reason Mary didn't show at reunion.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well it might not be over yet @Cat. Apparently Mary did a LIVE today to clear some of the air. And people said she might be reconsidering...as well as angling for a one on one with Andy. 

Add on that video with Mary's mom that surfaced and...things to make you go hmmm.

• Members

I saw clips of the interview with Mary's parents. Snap judgement: that entire family is awful. The parents, Grandpappy husband.... all they care about is money. No wonder Mary is the way she is, hoarding her Gucci bags and clothes: this is what she was taught to value. She seems to love possessions over people, and this may explain why she comes off as fragilised and 'off' sometimes. I actually feel sorry for her.

And with the church folded (i assume to avoid some kind of state or Fed investigation?), Mary's going to need a new revenue stream. I'm not surprised she's making overtures to Andy, and unlike with other HWs, Andy seems open to it. I still say she'll be back in S3.

• Members

And people have already been all over that video. Sounds like a family fighting over money to me...things that Mary has already hinted at throughout the show. So I agree as well. Explains a lot.

I definitely cannot wait to see how the tea with the church goes. Look at her drumming up even more interest from people. Just another reason she might get her way and be back. Even Andy knows that with Jen going to jail, what else does SLC have? 

• Members

Fighting over the money train that Rosemary Cosby built. When Rosemary (Mary's grandmother) died, Mary's mother must have felt that the church (and its funds) were her birth-right. But Grandpappy Husband guessed that Young Mary would be more easily manipulated -- as well as a more stimulating and youthful church leader. So he groomed (yes, I use that word on purpose -- Mary was basically a child) and wooed her with expensive gifts like a car, then married her, and she became the face of Faith Temple, with him pulling the strings. And Mary's mother was ousted.

Mary's mother sounds bitter-- but only about the money. In the clips I saw, she hardly expressed any concern about her daughter's wellbeing.

And that's why I'm sad for Mary, because it is all so dark and twisted. As awful as she can be to her congregation, I think she has been used, abused and low-key traumatized by her circumstances.

And then I see her reading the true motivations of the women in this cast so lucidly... I lowkey love her ability to sniff out any and all BS and fakery (except perhaps some of her own!). She seems clear-eyed about people who swerve and manipulate to get what they want. I imagine she learned about people like that very young.

Edited by Cat

• Members

SLC

Oh, this dinner...I'm sorry Meredith and Mary tag-teaming those weak heffas was EVERYTHING.  I don't know what I liked more. Mary paying Little Girl dust, pulling from the playbook of REAL HOUSEWIVES OF MELBOURE'S Gina. Meredith gathering Jeannie all the way together, the inflection in her voice when she said she said it CLEARLY. Meredith's epic eyeroll in her confessional as Little Girl was clearly trying to start s*it. Mary owning her s*it and letting Little Girl know she ain't s*it. Meredith basically telling Little Girl...pot, kettle, black...about not being on the van...when her and Lint stormed out of Vail. And best of all...Meredith and 'Sweetie, you don't know what I know.' Oooooo....how Jen stumbled quickly after that. 

I've always said Meredith...when she was not disengaging...is at her best when her claws come out. She is fascinating to watch, has an excellent grip on vocabulary, and can gather quite well. Heather even looked impressed at how Meredith did not back down. AT ALL. For all her disengaging, she is sooo much better when she does engage. 

Meanwhile, the fight in the van...Jen stays putting EricFake over in BH to shame in how well she performs for the camera. It's just sad how these girls coddle her when they clearly feel she did the crimes she is accused of. It's written all over their faces. But the chicken really came home to roost when they tried to gang up on Meredith and Mary. Rushing them to the healing. Trying to brow beat them when it was them rushing Meredith and Mary. Talking disrespect when they have been disrespecting right and left. Uh...no, ma'am. Jealousy truly is a disease and some *cough*littlegirl*cough need to get well soon.

That said...this episode was juicy, but that dinner was the cherry on top. 

JEN. Hmmm...the jealousy is strong in this one. Whether she has been or not, this group has always seen Meredith as perfect. It was part of the reason they so easily was all over the gossip about her separating from Seth. Gossip JEN spreaded. And now that Jen's life as she knows it is in jeopardy...while Meredith's life is getting better...yeah I bet Jean is pressssssed. That said her attempt to gang up on Meredith failed as she was truly and uttered gathered. She really thought she was going to physically intimidate Meredith, head tilt and all. And Meredith matched that energy with the quickness and then checked her without raising her voice...baby. lol. And then the cherry on top of Meredith calling out the physical intimidation and FINALLY calling out the arrest. It made the last bombshell of the 10 boyfriends...kinda lame. At least, Jen gave some comedic relief. 

UTAH LYDIA. I really wasn't feeling her this episode. Outside of her and Jeannie being their usual selves. From fighting with Jen to comforting her. Just all over the place. I bet Heather was jealous they were talking again too. Speaking of...

HEATHER. She was good for reaction shots today. And I did like the scene in the bathroom when her and Little Girl were hiding from Meredith and Mary. She was not doing nearly as much as Little Girl which made me miss how much fun she could be. And I happen to like her orange boots at the cleansing.

LITTLE GIRL. 

Please register in order to view this content

This trick. RME. There she was talking about how they were to go do this cleansing and get rid of negativity and then she came to that dinner with nothing, but negativity? I loved every minute of Meredith and Mary tagteaming on her. Especially Meredith...who knew she had it in her. Her throwing Bad Weather's exit from Vail in her face was a thing of beauty and shut her up real quick. Then Little Girl trying for a moment with Mary only to get that nice load of dust. Oooooo...she was soooo angry. LOL!!! I was only sad that Jen vs Meredith was giving her so much life. And from next week, she is going to do some pot stirring in her confessional that I hope both ladies drag her for at the reunion. 

JEANNIE.

Speaking of trying for a moment...oh, Jeannie. First, Jen threw her under the bus about the PI and got to get a taste of that wrath that these girls were used to. And then, Meredith checked her. The fact she said the fact that just because she did not see it, does not mean that Meredith did not talk to Mary about the comment was *chefskiss* for me. Come better, babe.

MARY. THOSE BOOTS. Not since Marlo with her Goddess boots have I been in love with boots. Love the whole outfit in fact. It seems clear that anybody and everybody was going to have fault with her. And I liked that she paid them dust at each and every turn. And had her own kind of fun with Meredith. She let Little Girl know she was a *NeneLeakes*Grown A$$ Woman*NeneLeakes* and did not have to give her any reason for not being on the van. I do think she and Little Girl should have talked about how she might have felt disrespected at the cleansing with the lateness. Assuming of course, Little Girl could be grown for a moment to express her feelings versus trying to have a moment. Clearly, the latter so Mary beating her at her own game...since after all only kids mumble under their breath and what is Little Girl  ...was a hoot. As was Mary bringing Meredith back for a steak. And oh, look! Mary trying to calm Jen and Meredith down. Who knew? lol.

MEREDITH. Since we are dressing like COVEN this week...SUPREME. hehe. The only thing that I can't get behind her this week on was the PI talk. Thankfully Production played the roleback on that. Cuz she pointed the suspicions at Jen versus just threats to her family. She clearly had an agenda. And in true lawyer form, she did wordplay. But if weak heffas are going to fall for it (aka everyone on the left on the table) well...;) But look at her. Little Girl. Jeannie. Jen. Meredith was taking them on and gathering almost flawlessly. And I still get chills from 'Sweetie, you don't know what I know.' Oooo...I loved she gave Jen pause. She did it last season as well and I LOVE it then, too. I think my only disappointment was the editing for 'who is calling who a fraud? love you baby' was badly edited. But Meredith was giving great camera angles.

Great start to their trip. 

I hate to say it, but I low-key have love the emerging Heather vs Noella drama. It definitely has legs. 

• Members

SLC

If Jen had done that in ATL, NJ or Potomac, she'd have gotten popped and would have deserved it. She was DRUNK and acting a complete ass.

Porsha's Family Feud

Production HATES her. I bet she didnt think they'd air the part of her yelling and making Londie cry, but they got her on mic. She is so unlikeable and was so ugly in that final scene with Dennis

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Yes, Noella in that trailer was EVERYTHING. It should be a fun feud. 

And then I OOPS. 

NJ

TAGLINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like how cute Jennifer's is. And Dolores is to the point. And Teresa is probably going to get a QWUEEEN!!! from the audience.

But seriously...meh.