Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week February 1

• Members

Phyllis has really been channeling old school Nikki lately. Nothing turns me against a character faster then when they start demanding answers from people who don't owe them any answers. It used to drive me insane when Nikki would corner someone (usually Sharon or Victoria) in her living room and cross exam them until they broke down and told her what they were hiding. How many times did she say "You aren't leaving her until you give me some answers"? I was really hoping Adam would echo Sharon today and say "back off B!tch, I don't owe you any explanations. My only consolation is that every nosy move Phyllis makes is bring her closer to her own worst nightmare.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well... Rafe has a new boyfriend. And they showed two men having a peck on the cheek. Way to take the baby steps, Maria. :rolleyes: Glad at least he got some screen time. Is there ANY inkling of them firing Zima and her horrible acting? Even Hayley Erin has moments where she's PASSABLE. Zima is just HORRID in every single scene! Muhney is grimacing and bugging his eyes out, AGAIN, he's driving me nuts today.

• Members

Sharon was at her strongest as a character when her stories were about her own identity and about trying to work on her marriage to Nick and being a mother to Noah and Cassie. Only about 10 years ago did the dueling adultery stories start, and only recently have they made her so dependent on men that she beds three within the space of a few days, all while barely able to take care of herself outside of sexual gymnastics.

It would be one thing if they even wrote her as enjoying sex and wanting all these men, but instead they wanted us to see her bedhopping last year as mental illness...all while we were supposed to see most of the men nailing her as big time studs.

• Members

I wonder if Zima is sleeping with the same Sony guy that Tammin Sursok was alleged to have. I know that's awful of me...but she really is worse than HE.

As for the "peck"...yeah, it reinforces that the whole "gay storylines" manipulation was either NEVER PLANNED or got derailed. At this point, I wish they'd stop showing Rafe. Every time he shows up, he is a reminder of how horribly wrong things have gone.

• Members

No one is going to deprive me of my Sharon story LOL..I have waited years and years for it to play out...and I am expecting some more. Not only is she a dirty SLUT but she is also a MWI!!! And I so love how they have neatly wrapped in some of what she has done in the past w/the present!! :lol: I HATE the character because she is in actuality, pointless, and they know it, that's why they always quickly move her from plot to plot like a nomad with no real followthrough but she does always make a good "plot point". I love to hate her. But as much as I hate her, I would just like for once for Sharon to genuinely smile/be happy just one time.

• Members

Yep. He's doing the same thing that Braeden or Case do (with publicist Charles Sherman), it's just that he's doing it as a one-man shop, using new media. That makes it more obvious. But it is part of the game. More power to him, and to any body who realizes this is a business, and they are the product that needs to be sold, IMO.

On topic though, I also found Adam's tics and twitches in yesterday's episodes distracting. On the other hand, they made perfect sense. Adam is thisclose to losing it all.

Archived