Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week February 1

• Members

Hope :( If she were alive they would have her as abusing Adam, to make Victor look even better.

I remember the almost odd contempt that Sheffer seemed to feel for women like Kim, and I wondered if he was threatened by these strong women. And it has just gotten worse and worse. You either destroy the women or totally sideline them.

I hate the way this whole story treats Katherine. The writing for her is so incredibly condescending. And they can't even tell the big manly men story right, the one they junked the Chancellor focus for. These people cannot tell a story.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A strong willed 40+ woman?

Rauch & Hogan would turn her into worm food.

He obliterated ATWT's women.

The older women were MIA or cartoons.

It took poor Barbara alone YEARS to recuperate.

Jack/Victor/Nick/Adam/Cane patronizing her?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE.

• Members

He doesn't care about the actual followthrough or consequences of a story. Look, Barbara's wearing all black and trying to kill people, and jumping out of windows! How thrilling. And after that, what? It's the same with Patty. Rushed into unspeakable crimes at warp speed, and then what?

Everything is sacrificed for shocks, and when even the shocks aren't very entertaining, you have nothing left.

This whole Tucker story is just so flat. Tucker is unpleasant and pointless, he exists only so we can see the various wannabe alpha males strutting around. It's the same posturing they do in every story. Victor blames Neil and lords over the Newman family. Adam is the unloved son. Nick is the devoted son. Cane is there to offer some sort of generic support no one really cares about. Jack is the second place loser who thinks he's on top. Billy huffs and puffs on the sidelines.

The worst part is you can tell how clever the show thinks it's being. They are so busy patting themselves on the back they don't even notice an audience.

• Members

At least Barbara was still viable.

Patty's been done since she tried to kill Summer.

There's no rehab for the character.

And the women fight amongst themselves but don't ever get involved in business!

How many times has Jack brokered deals between himself & Victor or himself & Gloria/Jeff while Ashley sits at home?

How many times has Billy run hurtful Restless Style issues WITH ASHLEY'S MONEY while Ashley sits at home?

Nikki & Jill fight about how Jill betrayed Katherine but are too stupid & too horny to participate in taking Tucker down.

Just unprecedented misogyny.

• Members

The only time women do get involved in business it's to show us how incompetent they are, like Jill losing everything, or Katherine losing her company.

I thought Gloria being involved in corporate stories was ludicrous, but at least she was involved in the stories. What does she do now? Why is she there? Now she just shows up to burn through money and act foolish.

• Members

It is really a shame that Gloria hasn't been just cooling her jets in jail, with occasional guest appearances when someone comes to visit her. That would have gone a long way towards making her viable in the future, but no she gets off scott free.

• Members

Jesus...simpering Jill?! Over trash like Tucker McCall? Really?!

I'm only 15 minutes into this show and I'm already pissed about how Jill is being written.

Not to mention the horrible clothes they have Jess wearing. Is she supposed to be a sexy, late-50's socialite/former executive or is she a gay biker?

• Members

:ph34r:

I know, right? De-age the character and hire a washed up primetime actress whose only soap experience was a Stu Segall telenovela.

Had they gotten their younger, sexy Jill, she still would have been miswritten, but she would have never been crapped on like this to prop Granny Cooper.

Archived