• Members

If there is any justice Y&R's noms should be

Lead - Case & Davidson

Lead - Braeden & Miller

Supporting - Maitland & Cast

Supporting - Davidson & Muhney

Younger - Kevin Schmidt & Wilson Bethel

Younger - Emily O'Brien

Supporting Actress is hard cause Maitland, MTS, Cast, Walton & Haiduk all have the material for nominations.

• Members

Not a lot of enthusiasm about today's show, and I can see why. A few observations:

1. They're already chilling Jill/Tucker...as many of us predicted. AND as many of us predicted, it looks like they're already starting to build an Ashley-Tucker hate-mance. Sigh. I really liked Nashley..but a healthy and mutually supportive relationship has no long-term chance (see Nikki and Paul).

2. We saw Haiduk in her wedding gown--and Jack saw Emily. We all know what that means! I will say, though, I continued to like Paul-Patty, and when Patty had her freak out ("I was supposed to have the house and kids by now") Haiduk was very effective. The character's frustration and anger was palpable.

3. Do they give Chance stage notes to have no energy? I'm curious, though, about who is stalking him and breaking into the Chancellor mansion. Did Chance spy some kind of military secret in Iraq?

4. On the mention of all the folks living in the Chancellor mansion, no one mentioned Nina. Where is she living?

5. Jill in Kay's bedroom had a very nice Lucy-and-Ethel vibe. It's nice to see their guards down, and them be affectionate in a time of crisis. I think that's going to be the mode they're in for a while.

When Jill-Kay later started fighting, sympathy actually seemed to be with Jill. Kay said that nasty line ("can't even remember who's your mother"), and Jill instantly got wounded and said that Kay wasted no time reminding her. I like that they're reducing the sanctity of Kay.

Nice touch that Kay fell asleep with her reading glasses on.

6. I'm reading Tucker as cold and soulless. This is a definite transformation from the more point-of-fact but folksy William Russ. Correspondingly, I'm liking Tucker less. I'm guessing this is the point.

7. What was the point of Malcolm taking pictures. AND MAKING EVERYONE SANDWICHES. Really? Are they already struggling to use his guarantee?? (I know, I know. 1st and 15th).

ETA1: Is this the first time we've seen the outside of the Athletic Club? I liked the repurposing of the revolving door so that we now saw it "outside" too.

ETA2: I don't usually notice this stuff, but there was HORRIBLE camera work at one point in the GCAC. Chloe and Chance were talking near the stairs (in the foyer). The camera focused on Chance and then actually "slid" a little to the left (moving the image perceptibly to the right). It was clearly accidental, and it speaks volumes that they now lack the time/budget to stop and reshoot that. Then, the camera switched to show us Chloe. At first, she was out of focus. They quickly fixed it, but Chance's head was COMPLETELY cut out of the frame. I realize there is a height difference, but this was just awful at all levels.

• Members

Jill doesn't know who her biological mother is does she? I thought it was odd that she had Paul try to find Kay's daughter, but not look for her own mother. They really opened a can of worms when they re(re)wrote all that history. I like Tucker, but still, I think the whole debacle damaged the show.

• Members

Patty has done a lot of horrible things, but I can't help wanting her to have a happy ending. In the twisted section of my mind I was hoping Jack would fall for her. Now I would to see her get over Jack and have happiness, her family, and sanity without a man before finding one. If Phyllis and Kevin get to have decent lives after the crimes they commited why can't Patty.

I hate the squish name Nashley. Sounds like nasty and their not, especially compared to Sabrina and Victor.

• Members

Sheffer and Rauch can't stand older women. Rauch takes them off his shows and Sheffer writes them as cold, as shrews, as crazy. They may assume that viewers hate older women, especially older women who aren't easily slotted into cuddly grandma roles, or those who can't be written as much younger, like Ashley being given stories that she should have never had at the age of 50. It's the same reason they openly loathe Nikki. They were obviously so proud of those scenes where Victor told Nikki she should be dead on a slab, and Nikki rolled around on the beach, drunk and out of her head. They were so proud of those scenes where Katherine told Nikki that Victor abused her because he loved her.

I think they believe people see Jill as a pathetic old bag with delusions of grandeur who gets what she deserves. It's no coincidence that all the "cool" characters, like Victor, Billy, and Katherine, trash her. I still remember those horrible scenes at one of those endless Chancellor weddings last year where everyone just sat around laughing and laughing at Jill. Entire scenes of just laughing.

Archived