Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week February 1

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well blimey, when you lay it out like that I am now even more convinced that I need to continue to read about the show then decide if I want to watch or not!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: I do want Tucker to be as mean as a black asp for a while so I have no problem with how he is being played :P ..anyway they did say they were taking the character in a new direction.

• Members

I am incapable of this judicious strategy. I have read stuff about future stories and I am appalled sometimes...but I still tune in daily. Y&R is the only show I'll do that for. I watched B&B yesterday for the first time this week...and I'm deeply regretful for having done so.

The big mystery for me, after yesterday, is how this solved anything? Other than Victor stealing Jabot from Jack (again), how did this help Kay or anything? Victor's an evil raider...Kay's not going to be reassured by Victor acquiring the company. It's all ridiculous.

And even Victor stealing Jabot has a very weak emotional resonance. Remember past takeovers? They were set up over months. Jack taking the company public. Lots of talk about the details. Victor twirling his moustache for weeks. Then, when Jack lost Jabot, the sales of stock took up much of an episode...the tension built. And then the long and bitter fallout. MONTHS of story that -- this time -- got wrapped up in a week.

I truly believe (well, maybe "hope" is the right word) is that this is Victor's third strike (after commercial bribery and the Cayman Islands bank failure), and he will be banned from running Newman Enterprises. I also hope that Adam's knowledge of Victor's complicity (and hopefully Adam has evidence of this) will be Adam's "stay out of jail card". The delicious irony, for me, would be to see Adam installed as CEO of Jabot as part of an SEC punishment against Victor. (And know, I don't care if Adam every "pays" for his crimes on this earth...that's what Heaven and Hell are for, :lol:).

• Members

Um, no, there needs to be a payoff and Adam suffering for a long time for both Ashley and Sharon to get their dignity, and self-respect back. He should not walk away scott free after everything he put those women though. I will never forget or forgive as a viewer. Look at Gloria and the skin cream fiasco, a lot of us still can't forgive her for that...

You need to stop putting that crap out into the universe for these hacks to steal it.

And no way in hell would Braeden ever play Victor being punished without revenge for an extended period of time...

Because again, this awful writing team doesn't know how to plot and execute one decent story correctly to save their lives...

• Members
Even Tracy gets more respect and less humiliation than Jill! At least she gets one fun, bitchy line at all of their big events. And at least Tracy has a love interest, when he's not committing on-screen incest with his on-screen sons.

I'm just still shocked with how horribly Jill, a legacy character since day one, has been treated by this regime. Bill Bell would not have wanted THIS for Jill.

• Members

Repeat after me ('cause it makes life easier..."grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change"). We (fans) have no power. No influence. At least not as individuals. (Our group purchasing power, our ratings behavior if we're in the Neilsen sample, and our response to occasion surveys/focus groups might have small bits of influence, but that's it). There are legal, ethical and other reasons why anything we put out there CANNOT and DO NOT get stolen. When stuff appears on the air that is similar to speculations here, that is because fans are good guessers/stories are predictable.

These "hacks" don't steal. They come up with plenty of bad ideas on their own :lol:

• Members

Mark wanted a baby switch, 4 months later, he got it.

Mark wanted Adam to develop a relationship with one of his victims (for Ashley, and later Sharon), a few months later, he got it.

Mark wanted Mac to be carrying twins and one turn out to be Billy's kid, while the jury is still out, she's still carrying twins.

Mark wanted Mary Jane to be Patty, months later, he got that.

And there's numerous other absurd stuff people talked about that later showed up on the show. We're well aware that hack writers from that writing read troll the boards and read them.

Sure, keep telling yourself that, when this show isn't written as far advance as these absurd speculations that end up showing up on the show...

And don't give me this ethical crap when they likely cannot prove that they stole things off message boards in court that we knew they stole.

Archived