Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week February 1

• Members

I decided to confess my puppet status, but that's more appropriate for the Potpourri thread, to where I moved my response.

Episode talk: The resurgence of Gloria last week suggests we're about to enter a new Gloria phase. I wonder if she'll just be short term comic relief, or if we're about to get a major storyline for her. For example, rival Jill is going to hate that Gloria has a position when she's been dumped. I could see it going two ways:

- Jill is bitter and vengeful, and decides to go after Jeff while Glo is busy

- Glo is overmatched, and can't handle her position; Jill finds self-interest in mentoring Gloria, all the while setting her up for some kind of fall.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And Gloria is still useless and unnecessary on this show.

I do not want to see Jill humiliated (because you know she will be) to make Gloria look good.

And changes are, when Jill is being "bitter" and "vengeful" with this writing team, they always try to make her into the "bad guy" and the one we should root against, and it always fails.

• Members

Bwah! :lol:

You know, having seen Gloria and Jeffrey back on my screen again, I sort of... like them. I really like the actor who plays Jeffrey. I like them more than Kevin and Jana, but I also like the fact that G&J are now supporting players in the true sense of the word. I hope Jill doesn't get trashed in favor of Gloria, though.... is this confirmed and a done deal? And do they really need Gloria to trash Jill further? They seem to be using Kay and the Chancellors to do that already.

Archived