Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week February 1

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mark, I hope I don't sound like I'm criticizing you or your ideas. This is just venting at the show.

What if a retcon is completely pointless and is then forgotten about almost immediately afterward? And what if that retcon has absolutely zero to do with explaining their behavior past or present? The rewrite said Sharon was supposed to be a klepto when she was a teenager. There was nothing said about sex. Then suddenly, Sharon's kleptomania was an afterthought and her mental illness became all about her spreading her legs for various men. Then we learned that this was not actually mental illness, that she would be cured if she had Nick and a baby. Then we learned that she didn't actually need Nick or the baby, and she could be perfectly fine being away from Nick and marrying a man who would further isolate her from Nick.

Why bring in all this psychobabble if you aren't going to do anything with it? The writers have such a low opinion of a woman's sexuality that they think the only way a woman can have sex with multiple partners is if she is a wounded bird who can't control herself. That seemed to be the only reason for the retcon.

Bill Bell never needed to rewrite Jill's history to showcase her having a healthy sexual appetite. There were no scenes of Liz telling us that when Jill was 18, she stole Leslie Brooks's David Cassidy album and then had a threeway with Snapper's college friends.

• Members

That is awful. I know that I basically don't believe FOR ONE MINUTE that Sharon was Dru's "best friend". A real best friend would be intimately involved with the lives of her survivors.

But then too, so would the cancer-survivor aunt.

Although Adam can shut the heck up about his Harvard education. I think he throws in that word daily.

• Members

Oh, and I love how Sharon was supposed to be a klepto as a teenager, then spent around 14 years (or around 25 when you think of SORASes) not being a klepto and then went back to being one again? What made her stop? What really triggered it again? Why didn't Cassie's death do this? Holes, holes, holes.

• Members

Sara Bible thought that GH was anti elitism. 4 people on this show with an Ivy League education are written as incompetent at their jobs or not as good as people with a degree from Candyland U or self made.

That's to make him look like a bigger idiot when he fails.

• Members

Members of the Y&R writing team are reading this (since they have nothing better to do and love stealing absurd story ideas from the boards), and just blaming the fans for not being stupid enough to buy their lazy, poorly planned, and absurd writing.

Maybe we ought to move this to the Potpourri thread, before Toups brings out the whip again. -_-

• Members

No it doesn't.

That Sharon & the Sharon who slept with her ex husband, her current husband & her current husband's brother in the span of WEEKS aren't comparable.

An international corporate businessman & part time Navy Seal on the run from art fencing NAZI'S.

Thank GOD LML is gone.

Archived