Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week February 1

• Members

I did not enjoy Lily, Emily, or Malcolm yesterday either. All three of them need to go.

The Newman mess is at least fun to watch if not a bit repetitive. I hope Ashley figures out Adam's crap soon and she finally leads the charge against all the Newmans with Jack and Billy back by her sides.

The frustrating thing about this show is that they need to pick a story or two and stay with it. What about the Lauren thing? Malcolm's fiance mystery? Etc...can we keep all stories moving...not just sputtering for time filler when needed?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a matter of fans not really watching. I knew the purple fabric came from Victor's tie without anybody telling me. Let's do the math:

1: Victor's in a scuffle.

2: Ashley finds a piece of purple fabric on the floor.

3: Victor's tie is the ONLY purple fabric in the room.

If people paid some attention, they wouldn't have to have things explained to them.

• Members

I think it's finally beginning to crystallize today exactly WHAT the root of the problem with Muhney's performances are. His performances are too cocky, too confident, like HIM. He needs to divest some of his personality traits from Adam's character. The character is lacking VULNERABILITY. That's what Engen put into it, that Muhney is lacking.

She is so good lately, I'm not sure I can handle it!

• Members

If he's right that they planned to make it clear that Molester MD's death was an accident, and the editing took that out, then the complaints are valid. The Adam story is already unwatchable enough because of pointless ambiguity, starting back with the gaslighting that never ended.

I think he and the show see Adam as needing to be sociopathic and glib and empty, like the rest of the Newmans. The problem is that this just makes them all the more uninteresting.

• Members

The odd thing is that Maria and Victor have both used the term "sociopath" to refer to Adam, which is very odd to me. If Adam is a sociopath then how are they going to "redeem" him? I mean you either are or aren't a sociopath and it's not like there is a cure or even a treatment for that kind of mental disorder. :unsure:

• Members

I think they just throw that around because they think being a sociopath means being cold or crazy, and probably because Sheffer likes the idea (his Craig Montgomery was one of the biggest sociopaths I've ever seen).

I think Victor and Nick both come across far more sociopathic than Adam.

• Members

Victor yes, better written and not so easily scripted. Adam ont he other hand they are trying their damndest to write him as being a sociopath and I don't think it is as easily put as they are trying to redeem him. Someone seemed to have thought, quite unwisely, that he would be most interesting as this sociopath but somehow someway I guess they seem to think that they can make the viewers like him inspite of it. I don't think they want to change it they want to use that characteristic wherever necessary for plotting

Archived