Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week February 1

• Members

I love that everyone keeps mentioning her flaws... which is probably true laugh.gif

But I'll be damned if she wasn't the only one who ever managed to come close to what Bell was doing for the show. Her biggest flaw? Probably that she was not that original. But she knew how to write the show, how to plot it and how to structure it. And she gave us some damn fine moments and stories.

So, yes, I would welcome her back.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, it's a con. These writers telegraph like few can.

Billy once again showing his brilliant reporter instincts. They must have watched Todd on OLTL back when and decided being a reporter = wacky face pulling. They should give him a parrot. It can squawk "JILL IS BAD!!!", "WHY ARE YOU MEAN TO ME?", "CONDOMS? WHY?? THEY DON'T FIT." and "CANE/ADAM/NICK/JT/JACK/ETC SUCKS!!!" and "WHIP EM OUT, I'M THE BIGGEST!!!" at random intervals.

• Members

I wanna like the cancer story, really I do.

But today was just beyond the pale. If Lily goes off to privately pray, why does half the town converge on her?

When we say we want meaningful conversations and touching stories, that DOESN'T mean this sappy bullsh!t. They are similarly ruining Jack and Emily with this sappiness. I'd rather see the two of them talk smack about supporting different sides in the SuperBowl than this cuddle crap. I'd buy it more if they knew each other...but they don't.

I found the Malcolm-Phyllis scenes well intentioned, and not too badly played. But Malcolm's dynamic with Phyllis always involved teasing and sexy banter. I didn't feel any of that yet. This constant mention of the nameless fiancee is unrealistic (you'd say "My fiance Janet" or whatever). It's Tyra. I am sure of it, LOL.

I'm almost sad that we all figured out that Victor-Adam were working together, but I kind of like that the men may bond in their shared subterfuge. I have no clue why Victor wants his family to turn against him.

Is what Ashley said true? Did Victor really "give up" the ranch again? Of course, if he did, I'm sure he's just thinking "Wait till I own Jabot, b!tch!"

It is appalling that there is no Nikki in any of this. But I guess that's what DeeeDee said before. If they are going to cheap out on Nikki, I'd rather she just left town. This sporadic appearance stuff is too irritating for words.

Monday shows (highest rated every week) should be your STRONGEST. Best actors, best stories. Alas, we got Lily overdose.

Billy-Chloe's banter was nice enough...but unless we have some sense of where the story is building...not so interesting. Hendrickson's playing the subtext heavily, but I'm not reading it as much from Miller.

And what was the point of showing us Tucker changing from a suit jacket into a sweater?? Why did the camera stay with him? I'm wondering if Adam planted an unseen bug or something. It was a little weird...

• Members

Most likely to make sure she was still wearing that damn wool Rasta cap. Guess the wardrobe dept. can't find a nice scarf in all of NYC especially with what seems like every street vendor selling them.

Since Philly was in full giggly mode, there wasn't much room for sexy teasing banter. And yes the scene wasn't all that bad.

As far as Malcolm's fiance is concerned I don't think TIIC know who she is yet. I don't think it will be Tyra though , but wouldn't rule out someone from either Chance or Tucker's past .

Archived