Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week February 1

• Members

I thought I would just piggyback onto your lovely post as I just finished watching today's eppy. I have unfortunately accepted that I shouldn't set expectations too high with these writers but I think the stuff we see is what they want us to see, it's the stuff we don't see that's got me piqued.

Not going to complain about Lily or Lame because I have never watched any scenes they are in..either FF'd or MUTE for me LOL!!

I am rooting for Patty to kill Emily!! :lol: And I want her to get away with it!! :lol:

Phyllis/Malcolm scenes were nice, well played, yes..but it suddenly hit me how much I wished it was Shemar in that scene. But I guess I will have to get used to Darius (having a bit of a hard time understanding what he is saying though) but I appreciated the mention of Dru, I don't believe Phyllis was looking for a free pass since obviously she still blame herself for it that's a whole lot better than the MWI would ever say :rolleyes: ).

And YES, where the bloody heck is Nikki!!! :mad::mad:

Billy/Chloe is starting to get annoying now..ITA, do something with them already or drop it!! <_<

And lastly, my dysfunctional Newman family is in rare form I see and I LOVE IT!!! :wub: Though it's not hard to tell that nothing is at it seems!! :P

And not last but not least, I am ecstatic that Stephen Nichols is on Y&R..can't tell the last time I have been this excited about anything.

Now if we can just get rid of the actress who plays Daisy, I will be happy. They can keep Ryder if I had to make a choice here.

+1 and raise DeeeDee 49!! :lol:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Emily's pregnant already and is planning to tell Jack at their wedding? Why oh why did they have to go this stupid cliche route of doubles and baby switches? Soaps got their audience through slightly more extreme examples of true to life emotional family situations, not through stupid out of this world garbage. This show has lost its heart and sold its soul.

Lily sucks, die already.

I'd sooner Malcolm be engaged to Yolanda than to ever see that Tyra back on my screen.

• Members

Summer and Fen are far from babies and Victoria is far from old (actually so are Lauren and Phyllis, but whatever), Sharon is probably older than Vikki (not that I think Sharon is old either). Now Ashley having a baby was totally unrealistic, but Emily looks about 40 to me and lots of people that age have babies.

Now I do think it would be nice if the show mentioned the risks of having a baby over 40 or even did a story about a child with autism or Down syndrome, but they won't. If they didn't really acknowledge that it might be an issue for Ashley they won't mention it's an issue for Emily, and a show that won't give us decent minority characters sure won't give us mentally challenged ones ( is that the proper term? If not I stand corrected and meant no offense). And Summer doesn't count because we all know she'll be good as new soon enough. But then maybe that's for the best because I doubt Y&R in it's current state can handle that kind of social issue.

It's time for the cancer story to come to an end. A miraculous remission is needed to end this travesty because we all know CkLily isn't going to her reward any time soon.

• Members

OMG! Christel nailed it yesterday!

:lol:

Can there be a more bland, less expressive actress? Well, maybe Yvonne Zima. Actually, I'll give CK credit for finding the eye drops and squeezing out a couple of saline tears. Half the time she can't cry.

And did I miss all the riveting scenes spent bonding with Harry over his Korean War experiences? I have missed a few episodes so maybe they got a day player in but... it looks to me like we have the Winters reminiscing about somebody the audience never met or even heard of until now. FAIL, Maria.

Y&R needs to stop trying to make Emily happen. I like Stacy Haiduk but Patty and her lookalike were played out right around the time Zapato was killed.

Peter Bergman doing romantic, schmaltzy scenes, with that "I'm so moved, I'm about to cry" voice -- no. Don't do it, Peter. You can't. Business and Abbott family drama, yes. Absolutely. This? No.

• Members

It's the ultimate in lazy writing. I hate when someone dies on a show and we never see them yet we hear all about how wonderful they were.

Speaking of laziness, apparently the piece of purple fabric seen on yesterday's show, in the same episode where Ashley started getting flashbacks, was supposed to be from Victor's tie. Michael Muhney confirmed this.

So once again the actors have to explain something the show does not bother to explain. Kind of like throwing the fetus into the fire.

• Members

Lmao at this Lame attempt of putting Victor in alignment with Adam, epic fail sorry. Adam still sucks as a charcter good guy or villain. The best thing about todays show was Sharon/Phyllis only tolerable because I still love both actresses (the scene wasn't as good as I wanted it to be otherwise) and ED today as Ashley and the previews with her tomorrow looks great!

• Members

Actually, that's what I'm dreading. Because I can totally see this playing out.

-Christel does her best cough&shiver on that grody sofa in Lane's Beige Barbie Dream House.

-Cane calls Kay for help. "LookINeedYourHelpGrandmuthuh. IReallyNeedYourHelpOK? Lily iz dyin'."

-Cue a billion scenes with Kay/Phyllis/Jack/Emily/Billy/the Fisher-Baldwins and other randoms yapping about poor Lily and how much she has contributed to their lives.

-Gloria, Sharon, Phyllis (and sundry other types woefully inadequate to the task at hand) lead the town in a mass candle vigil/prayer circle.

-Neil prays for a miracle while failing to inform Liv that her beloved niece is on the brink of death.

-Kevin harnesses the power of the Silver Chipmunk to urge Lily to Fight On. Paul Rauch excitedly lights up a new Habana in anticipation of some more psychedelic CGI.

-A rainbow light shines down on the Lane sofa. Hark! Whose voice is that I hear? Why, it is Kim Fields (Tootie from The Facts of Life) playing AngelDrucilla. "Lily. You don't belong here," she tells our beret-clad heroine. "Away! Your cancer is gone!"

-Lily pulls off her hat to find her hair has miraculously grown back to the length it was before she had cancer! And she, like, feels totally great!

-Cane drones on for the remaining 25 minutes of the episode about wot a miracle this iz wotawonderfulmiraclethisizOKSweetheart? in a failed attempt at an Emmy reel.

• Members

Will they sing Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand, like after ATWT's church assault? I'm sure Ana can return for that.

When they wanted to end a cancer story on Rauch-era GL, they had little Lizzie Spaulding, who had leukemia, slay a dragon in her dream. After that she was all better.

• Members

I guess they could trot out Ana for a few minutes but at least she can sing. the rest of the vigil will probably be spent with Gloria, Kevin, Billy and others making it All About Them.

Rauch could replace "dragon" with "Victoria Rowell" and see if that would trigger Christel to get into the moment.

Archived