AMC: Friday 01/15/10

• Members

I think it's for three reasons: he's a vet and one that they had in their palm and shouldn't have let go in the first place with them losing so many already in the move, he and Erica are a popular and long-term pairing that might help boost the viewership of old fans and new fans a like, and lastly because it would put an end to the atrocity that is Erica and Ryan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amen to all of that. I'm sure WW is a nice man, but I have not missed Jack.

I think what Erica needs is a new guy who is closer to what Dimitri and Jack were for her in the '90s/'00s. Someone closer to her age, a mental/emotional match, and who will actually be around for a couple of years unlike what happened with Jeff and Samuel. I'm just not one of those fans who thinks that Jack is her happily ever after.

• Members

ITA and thanks for being kind as opposed to the nasty comments about a good man and a decent actor. I think the man IS handsome, sexy, charming, and funny, and he and Erica sizzle together and when they get good writing, they are the best pairing on this show, IMO. He is hugely popular with the actors, the fans, and the magazine editors as they are all out there speaking out for him. He has shown class and dignity in dealing with the travesty that was Charles Pratt's treatment of him. I admire him even more than before for that. I think it's great how Susan and Agnes are out there fighting for him. Susan knows what works for her pairings wise and popularity wise and I know she spoke out when Pratt threw Jack in Carmen's path and ended Jerica. She wasn't happy about it and neither were the majority of fans. Susan and Agnes, I am right there with you to get him back. I may be watching again if you get your way. :wub:

• Members

I like Erica and Jack together. They were blah the last few years though and that's why it was refreshing to see Erica and Adam together. But Jackson is a big part of the show's history so I'm looking forward to him coming back and seeing how he fits in Erica's current life. But I'm also open to Erica having another relationship, someone more interesting than Sam Woods. Of course, there's Ryanica. :wub: But that's not going to last with Greenlee back.

• Members

I like Jack but I admit with Lily gone there's not a great need for him--though I'd miss having him around. He has been on the show despite having long chunks of time where he had no story (I remember in the late 90s he said to SOD that he had recently lost some weight in the hopes the show would finally give him a story again). Still, with Greenlee back I think it makes sense to have him. (Bring back Mary! AMC is sorely lackingin the kind of character she, and before that Marian so expertly were)

• Members

I'd rather have Jack back with Erica than Ryan and I'd rather have Jack back alone than with Lily. So although I'm not pressed for him to come back at all, as this thread progresses, I realize that he is the lesser of a few evils.

Archived