AMC: Friday 01/15/10

• Members

When did the show update the opening? I LOVE Annie and Opal's new shot. Annie looks like such a seductress in her show and it makes me miss her as a blonde. Was Opal ever in this opening? Why is Zach still in this? Im guessing Kendall is still in bc technically Alicia is still with the show. Im surprised Madison wasnt added bc isnt she on contract now?

amcopal.jpg

amcannie.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed Adam's speech today to the Chandlers minus the "I want you to embrace Annie" stuff. Other than that all of the other stuff he said was good. I like that he told Colby to find happiness, and told JR to stop being ashamed of the Chandler name as well as his speech to Scott.

Also I really enjoyed the David and Greenlee scenes, they were my favorite part of the episode today. I do like that she can see through him. However, is it supposed to be believed that David wants Amanda romantically and has deep feelings for her? :huh: Because I don't buy that, never have. Even though I believe that Greenlee was talking about Amanda, in her conversation with David, when she mentioned the "love of a good woman". But I don't understand why David would want Amanda romantically/have deep feelings for her, she doesn't fit with him in any way, IMO.

• Members

I'm guessing they need to have footage of the new people (Damon, Madison) to put in before they can take anyone else (Joe, Zach, Palmer?, Jackson?, Chrishell if she is no longer on contract) out. And they probably didn't shoot that footage before the move.

I'm sure they want to keep TK in as long as they can to keep the average uninformed offline viewer thinking that Zach and Kendall are coming back in a bit and are not off the show (hence their appearances the other week even after they had left and Kendall showing up in that phone call to Erica).

• Members

Jill was still recurring in the closing credits so I'm not sure if they're following the contract rules anymore. I mean, yes she's back on contract, but I was under the impression that it wasn't in effect until the LA episodes and the closing credits corroborate that. Unless the closing credits aren't up-to-date...

And yes, Jill was in the opening through early 2006. That is old, unused footage.

• Members

So, anyway, about the show...

I am really having trouble feeling sympathy for JR. This cancer crap has made him the worst kind of whiner -- the kind that everyone coddles. Not only that, he's going around kinda LYING to people about his condition. And then, sitting there all snarky and acting superior while Adam's taking having heart surgery in stride and attempting to, I don't know, be the man of the family instead of acting like a whiny little brat. Ugh, I am just sick of JR and his boring ass wife.

I love how these characters are nucking futs and can't put two and two together to save their lives for months on end... oops! wait! The storyline is about to move and all of a sudden they become geniuses. Greenlee overhears the word "treatment" and five seconds later, she's able to piece together David's entire terminal illness plot in complete detail? :rolleyes: All of a sudden, NOW everyone realizes David's "disease" is hereditary and that Trevor might not be David's because of the results. Why couldn't Babe have been the one with the genetic marker? Why couldn't Leora? Noooo! No one thinks about that. They immediately go to Trevor's not David's son.

Could Rebecca Taylor quit inserting "ass" seventeen times into every script she writes, please? God, I hate this woman's dialogue. It reminds me of a certain person and their hard on for "bitch." We get it. You're edgy! Oooooooh! :rolleyes:

Okay. I'm not a Jake fan. Haven't been since the latter part of Michael Lowry's 1996-1999 run. But I am also not a RPG fan. Why, oh why do we have to be subjected to a Jake Stand Up Routine every time he's on screen?

I had to laugh, though. David was right when he said he hardly thinks saving Greenlee is going to redeem him in the eyes of all the haters in Pine Valley. The idea of everyone in town shouting: "OMG! David saved Greenlee! EVERYONE, REJOICE!!" had me cracking up.

• Members

I loved Adam's speech. It was the 2nd day this week that the Chandler family really pulled together.

I'm all for David/Greenlee getting together, too, but him developing deep feelings for Amanda who doesn't love him back is very similar to his situation with Dixie.

Yeah, JR has a lot of explaining to do! I can't wait for Colby especially to learn he's been lying.

I'm still not sure if the breakdown writers are contributing to this or if Pratt knew he'd be let go if things didn't improve, but suddenly Jake/Amanda/Marissa grew more gray matter and their IQs shot up. An 85% chance of inheriting an illness is pretty high for Marissa, Trevor and Little A to all not have it. I'm glad someone finally brought up that JR could be Trevor's father and I guess it's just me, but that's the type of plot twist I wouldn't mind.

I'm salivating at the thought of Greenlee's return to Pine Valley and David claiming his rightful place as her savior!

• Members

I really like the thought of David and Greenlee becoming a couple. I think that they have good chemistry and they really seem to understand each other. I think that they would make a much better couple than Greenlee and Ryan. Especially if they are a slow burn couple.

I wonder if the new writers/Frons will let that happen though? It seems like Frons really likes Rylee. But I would rather see David/Greenlee get a chance. Ryan can be single for a while, I think he would be better off that way for a while.

Also I really don't understand David falling for Amanda, IMO, she doesn't really seem like someone he would fall for. I could understand him using her, especially to anger the Martins. He has used people in the past, but I have a hard time seeing him fall for her.

IMO, she doesn't act very bright a lot of the time, she's easy to dupe and use, she just doesn't seem like a good match for him. I know that sometimes she can act very kind, like he thought Dixie was, but I still have a hard time seeing him falling for her. I hope they will move him away from her and Jake once, the truth comes out about Jake being Trevor's father.

• Members

I think Annie's shot is her old one, just an extended version.

Greenlee is now in the #2 spot, bumping Ryan.

Poor Joe, can't even see his face.

Opal's doesn't blend well with the others.

James Mitchell's Palmer has been able to stay in the opening despite not being on the show for more than a year.

• Members

Yep, Annie's shot cropped footage from the front but then extended in the back and Opal's footage is from 2004, too. I think she blends well. I like her walking up stance vs. her old shot.

But yeah, the Joe thing is horrible. I don't get why they wouldn't drop more from the front where his head is turned and leave more room to see his face at the end.

And Palmer was just seen so I think it's justified. Besides, he's still contracted, so they can't do much about it. Or can they since apparently Opal was added before her contract even took effect. Whatever, it is what it is.

• Members

I do NOT want to see David and Greenlee as a "couple." I'm tired of watching COUPLES on this show. Sometimes, a good, solid friendship is just as wonderful to watch. David needs an ally. A friend. Not yet another woman for someone to claim he's brainwashing and/or is obsessed with them.

Speaking of obsessed, can we please quit having Krystal et al saying David is obsessed with his children? Considering Krystal sold off one of her children, and taught the other one to be a brazen whore, she's hardly in the position to judge someone else's parenting.

But I digress... Back to David and Greenlee. A friendship between them is ALL I want to have happen. Friendships last longer.

Archived