Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 4

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sharon had a career & friends LONG before LML.

THAT describes Giggly Heffa.

Sharon had plenty of a life after her divorce but TPTB's agendas ruined it.

Not when that death is solely used to keep an inane triangle alive long beyond it's expiration date.

Pretty much!

• Members

She was never even a hated favorite of mine but right now she is a pretty "ugly person" to look at and even harder to listen to (and she 's a pretty girl). As a male Phick fan who was in the supermarket checkout line with his wife said while we were waiting to pay for groceries and our new CBS SID magazine, Sharon has become a "mongrel who inbreeds" :blink::lol::lol: - I nearly died laughing. :lol: I am assuming because he is a veterinarian that he knows what he is talking about, I dared not ask him though I think I got the meaning. They can try to whitewash her behaviour with some trumped up illness (**cough, cough..NoNickInTheBedItis**) because Sharon always gets an excuse no matter what. But it appears her # is being called.

As for Phick/Shick, we are now in a triangle that will last forever or until the show ends! :lol: Alas there will be no endgame because you have two really popular couples here so I guess they will take turns playing their beats. Only hope these writers can make it longer than a bloody 6-month arc. Sharon's only purpose on the show at the moment is apparently to be the biggest McGuffin there is - they just drop her into plots with no real follow through, just smoke & mirrors. As for Nick, Phyllis and Phick, I love where they appear to be going - the writers have built some stuff around them that isn't tunnel-visioned to just Phick/Shick.

All I have to say is poor Noah!!

• Members

I think Sharon has become like the person who uses religion for the wrong purpose. Anything she does is somehow justified by Cassie, what Cassie would want, Cassie's loss. It would be one thing if the show presented this behavior as unhealthy, but instead, they use it to justify random plot twists. This just makes the pain of her death seem less and less real, and more and more cynical.

Seeing Shick use their dead daughter to justify whoring around, and Nick repeatedly using Sharon for sex when he knew she was mentally ill, is possibly the tackiest thing I have ever seen on this show.

• Members

That's the reason I wasn't as upset as other viewers when Adam broke Cassie's picture. I was so sick of Cassie's death as a means for her parents to get back together or to boink that I didn't care if her damn picture broke.

Noah is way to well adjusted to be the son of Nick and Sharon. It's sad that he is more mature than both his parents.

• Members

Noah and Phyllis need to dump these three yo-yos and just move in together. Never thought I'd ever be writing that. But hey, at least they get along and give each other support and somewhat sage advice.

Archived