Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 4

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Daisy was giving Eden her sad story, she was being serious? The tone of her voice reminded me of kids who tell their teacher they didn't do their homework because Grandma died. It just sounded so fake.

I liked Sharon calling Jack out on his hypocrisy, too bad he's going to be right about Adam.

Please Maria don't bring Tawny Moore over, please. The Fisher/Scoobies don't need anymore people connected to them.

I could like JoJo so much more if I hadn't been subjected to the 'humor' of Gloria, Jefferey, and Amber.

Maria, Hogan, and Scott. You write for a wealthy and glamorous soap, stop trying to make it white trash.

Who wants to guess the next color of the rainbow Nick is going to wear next.

• Members

Well I guess the Cassie picture is definitely a gonner now. I can't believe that people are so concerned about Daisy when they just destroyed one of the longest used sets to justify the plot of Sharon moving into the Ranch with her baby. It would be nice if on moving in she replays that scene from her first year where she's pawing all over the items at the ranch and hoping that some day they'll be hers.

• Members

Blind Adam is saving everything in sight, children , Animals, I am sure some where in his pants he has the picture. How else would Sharon tell Faith about the family she once had. Mark my words, tada Adam the saviour has arrived. The picture will be safe..and the redemption of Adam begins. I am sure there will be more people to save..Next Daniel, Summer..Chancellor

• Members

A poster on another board summed up the destruction of the Rawlins House set better than I could:

It seems like this writing regime intentionally pisses on the history of this show and expects to always get away with it. I don't understand the purpose in destroying a set with this much history, just to prop this AWFUL Daisy character and just to get this awful Sharon and Adam paring living together.

This show is pathetic, and still puts shock value before audience intelligence and storytelling integrity.

• Members

I know, and it sucks.

That house has so much history and so much future potential left in it.

Did they think by burning it down and having Adam play hero was going to get people to care for Adam, if they don't already? Give me a f.ucking break. The writing on this show is sooooo contrived and manipulative, it's not even funny.

This show needed an extra house set so it didn't appear like everyone was living at the GCAC or at the Newman Ranch. Now those two places are where half the characters are living anyway.

I don't even know what to say about this show anymore, it's obvious that these writers have no respect for the history of it or the longtime fans. I guess we shouldn't care anymore, which is what they're trying to condition us to.

• Members

Okay, so...

I had the week off and watched some of Y&R(because sadly, there was no Maury or Jerry on at 11AM).

Friday's episode was decent ONLY because of PattyJaneEm VS. Sharon. I hate this Sharon/Adam "romance," but come on, I'll take any excuse to knock this hack shrink down and this absurd romance she has with Jack.

And I'll eat crow in front of dmarex anyday of the week. I want more Heather. More scorned heart Heather. Maybe even a homophobic Heather. And make her smarter and give her something to do other than lose every single case.

Other than that, this show is really pathetic. At least Michael Muhney has gained weight or the makeup department is using makeup that makes him look like less of an AIDS patient. I can't get behind his portrayal of Adam, but at least I can look at him now.

Archived