Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 4

• Members

I replied to Alvin's last post, but then I realized this is more appropriate for Potpourri, so I moved it there. Sorry! I'll try to remember...it's hard. I get sucked into these off-episode discussions to easily...mea culpa.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Careful when you say you like something on this show.....especially you Mark H.

Daisy (or some other mischievous female) is burning down the Rawlings Mansion aka Brad & Sharon's humble abode. It also looks like Fisher is a gonner since they mention he's locked in the kitchen earlier in the episode. Noah and Eden are there too but I bet Adam will save them and play the hero. Of course they don't have a smoke detector because Sharon probably needed the batteries before she hooked up with Adam

• Members

WHGAT?!?! That spoiler can't be true! Absolutely infuriating! Eliminating such an important set for a story that'll last two days?! Now Sharon will be back to the GCAC like half of GC? Such a waste! I'd long given up on characters and storylines, now I can't even depend on damn sets.

• Members

I am still a Phick fan but I am really turned off by a few other Phick fans. I just left one of the boards today because I got so fed up with the crap. One of the mods there has become a little dictator. She made up her mind that I was giving away top secret info (no I am not kidding) so she contantly rants about breaches in security and the measures that have to be taken,etc. I shouldn't need CIA clearance to post at a soap message board. lol!!!

The board is slowly dying anyway. Many Phick fans have lost interest or turned against Nick.

• Members

That's what I have been noticing.

A good part of what is wrong with Y&R these days is casting. This has been going on since this casting agent started. Hopefully her contract is up soon.

When the writing is iffy, a good performer can elevate it. But when you have weak actors, they make even the good scenes awful.

• Members

Whatever happened to all the increased rehearsal time Rauch talked about? Even people who have been with Y&R for years and years struggle to make a scene work these days.

I think they are always too focused on hiring a "name", or their idea of a name. I think this Zima girl may have seemed like a name to them because she did a lot of primetime, as has her sister. That doesn't automatically translate to doing well in daytime.

Add in the awful character, and her looking too old for the part, and it's just a mess all around.

• Members

Daisy is an awful unnecessary role anyway, I don't even know why she was created given the overstuffed cast that this regime can hardly focus on anyway.

Awful writing, awful casting, lazy production values these days, is there an area Y&R doesn't fail at anymore? Sigh...

And again, the character writing right now on Y&R is one of the worst things on daytime...

• Members

I'm hoping Daisy is short-arc. I'd like to see this cast down to 18-20 people (SERIOUSLY), all meticulously cast, and a mix of vets and next-generation members.

And yes, Alvin, I know that won't happen with this regime. I am, I admit, hoping for at least some changes in this team.

Archived