Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 4

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would have agreed on ignorance earlier on but at this point I'd more argue racism because I think surpassing the levels at which these characters and actors were/are being treated to this extent there has to be some degree of non-care and they have definitly tried to market their ideas of diversity which makes it more insulting

• Members

These two made today tolerable. And that actress who plays Jo Jo is a riot. I find her quite entertaining... not nearly as grating as Chapman. something tells me that Jo Jo is going to be the new Gloria. she looks like she might clean up fairly nice. That HORRIBLE background music in the final scene... PLEASE GET RID OF IT! Here's one thing that surprised me today. Wardrobe and makeup actually put something on Sharon Case that is PRETTY and FLATTERING..... and (Gasp!) someone actually COMBED HER HAIR. How many weeks has it been?

• Members

They are total pros.

Why Jess is on the backburner is a mystery.

JoJo is hilarious.

TPTB need to cut their losses & fire the back alley grifter.

That's money that can go to hiring a man for Jess & putting Tonya/Tricia back on contract.

• Members

You mean the "sisters" are no longer on prominent display during a freezing Wisconsin winter??

Sadly, I totally agree!

Well, so are Nikki, Gloria, Ashley....hmmm...all on the backburner (or off the stove). Correlation?

Almost-60 year old Bergman is doing fine; Tucker will ostensibly soon get story, so too (maybe) will

So, is this ageism or sexism?

• Members

I guess it might also be due to needing to put effort into writing for Jill -- they just gave Ashley the usual crazy lady story, and Katherine can be the mother figure to the pets.

This team seem to be into the idea of writing with the minimum amount of effort, and the most dated and cynical view of what a viewer wants; they want some fantasy land where the elderly only show up to dote on the hip young and where minorities are kept in their place.

That makes the confusing storylines even more odd. With the lack of effort they make on everything else you'd think they might have more time to come up with a storyline which doesn't go from B to Q to K and then finally just stops.

I would say it's sexism, although I think the stories Jack has had over the past year have been degrading, depressing, and all about how pathetic Jack is. Jack has become a joke.

• Members

When all is sad and done, I cannot buy anyone forgiving Adam for the crap he's done, thus he's forever written into a corner, I don't care how sad he might be. Who the hell can forgive him for the nasty crap he's been pulling and has been getting away with for months?

This character had so much potential, and now that's all gone to waste. Victor Newman's son, sigh. Michael Muhney and his over the top theatrics and his age are still so very miscast though.

And if this is all leading up to a crappy "who shot Adam Mystery" (screw you Scott Hamner!), then what a waste really. I cannot beleive how this regime has squandered all the potential with this character and made him so repulsive to the point where I can no longer buy him as a character on this show and people ever accepting him again when he's exposed. I don't care about a "payoff," this character has been wrecked forever to me.

I also doubt this regime will send him off to prison. We've SEEN how they like keeping criminals on this show, or how they like to KILL off core characters. I don't want Adam to die, but two or three years in prison off-screen and the character coming back with a suitable recast trying to prove himself and how he's changed could be good, but they won't do it, nor does this writing team care about sensible pacing.

This show f.ucking sucks. This writing team is one of the WORST writing team to EVER grace the genre, and I will be very happy when each and every one of them is unemployed in a few years...

Though, I'm still clinging to hope that someone will come along and try to save Y&R in 2010, it's not going to be this current writing team though, for sure.

Archived