DAYS: January Discussion

• Members

KA was not good today in those scenes with Maggie and Hope. KA could barely squeeze out a tear.

Poor Sydney. She was trying not to cry. EJ must be a crap father. Sydney is going to hate his guts when she grows up. LOL!

EJ is a schemer and mean. I couldn't stop laughing as he was playing with Sydney's toy and talking to Sami on the phone. He will lose custody of Sydney when this all comes out. He could not resist getting revenge on Sami.

I cheered Justin on as he told off Bo. Bo wants Carly, but can't admit it so he lashes out at Justin. Why can't Bo have his affair with Carly cut out the BS? This is why I can't stand Bo and Hope in their usual drama. This needs to be the end of them one way or the other.

I loved Vivian taunting Carly in the elevator. Carly is so annoyingly weak and needy. She deserves all that Vivian dishes out.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if that was written into the script or if JS simply improvised and added that touch, but I loved it. EJ is such a rat. I hope Sami gets full custody of all of her children.

It's too bad that Carly's return had to be about Bo at all. It would have been refreshing for her to almost no scenes with Bo, but interact with other characters. Each little 'drama' with Carly gets worse - she keeps getting needier. I don't remember her being this weak the last time around. Lawrence was killed off for this? Hopefully the writers will bring him back to life, and add something worth watching to this storyline.

• Members

Suzanne Rogers really nailed it beautifully. Not one false note, just a perfect performance.

Kristian Alfonso did rather well too...which is not always the norm for her.

Mia and Will are annoying as sh*t.

Vivian and Carly in the elevator was heaven. Carly's so pathetic, Vivian can drive her absolutely starkers if that's what she wants to do. Louise Sorel is such fun!

I really like Anna and EJ working together, it's not a great twist, but they have interesting chemistry.

• Members

I think SZ and KA both did very well!

Vivian\Carly Elevator scene was great to, very intense. Vivian is a demon

I loathe EJ for being behind all of this Kidnapping stuff. When he sang that DiMera Demented version of Twinkle Twinkle little star at the end of today's episode to SYdney, I was sooo done with him...what a smug, punk!! Raising all of this hell for nothing...loser

I noticed that to!

• Members

I like EJ's presence in Salem. I agree that the writers don't know exactly what to do with him, but I think that makes him sort of a wild card. There's so many roles that he could play.

Was it just me, or was Vivian's makeup especially white today? She looked like a ghost! Which was a very nice touch.

And, as far as I'm concerned, Justin can leave town, like, yesterday. What business does he have interfering in Bo and Hope's relationship? I just think he's annoying.

• Members

Your right, the writers can go many different paths with E.J. Right now, I am NOT liking how they've made him the mastermind behind this kidnapping, though. I think it was the wrong choice, I'm not liking this at all...

Viv's makeup was extra ghostly today. I was LOL (in a good way) at her whole performance on today's episode. LS is a fantastic actress, she holds true to the villain characteristics. Love her. The makeup was a great touch

• Administrator

I love that EJ was behind the kidnapping! EJ in villain mode is always the best version EJ. EJ in romantic/"decent" guy mode = thumbs down. And of course my other reason is my anti-EJ/Sami-romance agenda. I love this twist! :)

It's too bad Mike and Jen aren't on the show anymore. I would've loved to see the scenes where Maggie tells them about Mickey.

The scene where Maggie puts the ring on Mickey's finger.... :(

• Administrator

Yeah, but it's a "false" relationship which means Sami/Rafe are the "rooting couple". Sami "forgave" EJ for raping her. She better forgive him for kidnapping Sydney, especially after what she went through in 2009. I have faith in Tomlin. I don't believe he sees EJ/Sami like Sheffer did. I think Rafe/Sami is *his* couple. So far so good.

• Members

ITA, Toups. Nicole's switching the babies blew up in her face so it follows that EJ kidnapping Sydney will cost him the false bond that he forges with Sam when the truth is revealed. For right now, Rafe and Sami are the couple being ripped apart by a third party.

Who is writing Days, Tomlin or Higley?

• Administrator

Exactly. EJ is the third party. I've been very happy with Tomlin's handling of Brady/Nicole/EJ/Sami/Rafe since he started.

Tomlin is the big picture guy, it's his vision, it's his pacing. Thank God, Higley's not the creative leader.

• Members

I haven't watched Days in about 4 years, but when I read about what was coming up regarding Mickey, I had to watch because I knew Suzanne Rogers was going to be very good in this story and I'm glad I started tuning in again, because she has nailed her scenes so far.

Archived