DAYS: January Discussion

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am in love with Nathan Horton. He was so great in his scenes with Melanie today. Phillip can't hold a torch to him.

The rest of the show didn't really get my attention. Everyone found out that everyone kissed everyone else. And that's about it.

Tomorrow looks more promising.

• Members

Hello, I am Ann and I am Victor's bitch. He says these horrible misogynistic hypocritical things and I barely react other than in laughter. I blame John Aniston. It is the dry sarcastic way that he delivers his lines that make me react differently than if it was Maurice Benard (Sonny on GH). I loved how Victor kicked out Justin and tore a strip off Hope. He can be so hard and unforgiving. I do love how he supports her through it all.

I can't stand women like Carly, "oops, I didn't mean to say." Please. I can't stand the game playing. She should be straight up tell Bo what she knows about Hope and Justin and admit that she wants him. At least, Vivian drops her news without batting an eye.

What with Bo's strange face at the end? He knows that he is thrilled that Hope is macking on Justin so he has an excuse to sleep with Carly. I'm so sick of Bo and Hope. When they reunite, I hope Days has the good sense to ship them out like it did with John and Marlena and Patch and Kayla.

It was so funny when Stephanie torn up Nathan's bail papers and told the cop that his grandmother can bail him out. We'll see how long Stephanie's self-respect lasts.

I found Nathan begging Melanie pathetic, but hey, if it turns him on.

• Members

THANK YOU! There is something about Carly that I find so pathetic. It's like Vivian needs to slap the hell out of her, the Xanax'd "oops, I didn't mean to say" bullsh*t is driving me nuts. Get over yourself Carly, it's getting old, fast. There's something about Crystal Chappell's face that isn't right, her Botox injections have been done too liberally, her eyes lack expression and I can tell that her dermatologist has injected Botox around her nose to reduce 'bunny lines'...the problem is that it's affected her mouth.

Vivian Alamain/Louise Sorel is all sorts of fantastic. I really prefer Vivian the devious, sinister, bitch instead of Vivian the comedic punching bag. I'm not saying she shouldn't have her moments of levity, but Louise Sorel is so much better when she's playing Vivian straight. The flashbacks to the Buried Alive storyline (particularly when Vivian throws herself on Carly's grave and laughs hysterically) illustrate how skilled Louise Sorel actually is as an actress and how formidable a character Vivian can actually be. Just so the dermatologic score is even, Louise has had one helluva facelift, but she needs a tiny little bit of filler in her lower lip, otherwise, for nearly 70, she looks terrific.

Mark Hapka is a real find. He clicks as Nathan, just as Jay Kenneth Johnson clicks as Phillip, the same for Molly Burnett as Melanie. I don't know how I'd accept a recast for any of them (in Jay's case, he's the only Phillip I've ever taken seriously).

Unrelated from this week, but let me just say that I think Kate and Stefano are AWESOME. Lauren Koslow and Joe Mascolo are perfect together. There is this odd sense of romance between them, Koslow tends to have great chemistry with everyone she's been paired with (hell, she made Josh Taylor's Roman tolerable) but with Moscolo there is this sense of sadness, but it's a romantic sadness. It's as if Kate and Stefano know that, deep down, they need each other and because no one else in their lives need them, they hold onto each other tightly.

• Members

I really enjoyed yesterday's show, what with the hearing and everything. I like the way it's being structured. I'm really wondering what's going to happen to Nicole. And what's in store for EJ after this. There are so many places the story could go, and I think that makes it really exciting.

Archived