DAYS: January Discussion

• Members

Completely agree. Suzanne alone made the episode worth watching.

I'm completely apathetic about Mia and Gabi. Though I do like that Gabi is calling Mia out on seeing two guys. And can someone explain to me why anyone would want to go out with Chad? What redeeming qualities does the guy have?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I agree. Here we go with Suzanne's 2011 Emmy shot!

When did Mia get a mean streak? LOL First she's going after Gabi and now she's into both Chad/Will? I think Chad's a pretty decent guy. He wanted to be there for Sydney when he thought she was his child.

I love where the Ari/Brady/Nicole triangle is headed - clearly Nicole/Brady are the "rooting couple". Ari/Brady will grow closer and I hope they married...and then Nicole gets out of jail.

So EJ is working with Anna? Nice! It's just another thing to keep EJ/Sami apart romantically.

Guest dc cubs

Good episode today. I knew Mickey's death was coming and it made those scenes with Maggie and Lexie even more bittersweet. Suzanne was great today and will do some fabulous work in this storyline.

There have been clues along the way (EJ insisting they fly commercial to Cleveland thus slowing them down, his freaking out whenever Rafe said he had a new lead, etc.) that he has been in on the kidnapping. My guess is EJ's shock at the end of the episode is that Anna answered the door with Sydney in her arms instead of keeping her out of sight.

• Members

Nicole's trial was hilarious. Nicole's final speech about finding Sydney was so pathetic that I could not stop laughing.

I simply don't understand why Ari hasn't dumped Brady's feckless @ss already.

I can't wait for Sami and Rafe to find out that EJ is behind Sydney's kidnapping.

• Members

Suzanne Rogers for the Best Supporting Actress Emmy in 2011!

It was such a simple scene, with minimal music, minimal movement and it was all on Suzanne to pull it off. Of course, that's exactly what she did.

The scene reminded me of vintage Katherine Chancellor scenes on Y&R when Kay's whole life would implode around her. That's the same thing that happened to Maggie. So many subtle facial expressions, a little gulp, then tears, then a pull back, then disbelief.

Cannot wait to see how the rest of the storyline is going to go.

Rock on Suzanne!

• Members

MOVE OVER! MB's Melanie reminds me so much of Lynn Herring's 'Lucy Coe' from GH. She's only a little less subtle, at times, LOL, but she's just as complex and wonderfully layered a character. I loved the relationship Melanie and Maggie developed and wished the writers had left it at Maggie and Melanie, both women deserved far more airtime.

ETA: Thank you, writers, for letting Mags bring up Alice and discuss how Mickey's death will affect her.

I've been long over EJ (since he raped Sami) and thought the relationship with Nicole would be the beginning of his 'redemption'. He's still a low life.

Not to go all 'CSI' but when the kidnapping is up, wouldn't EJ's and Anna's cellphones ping from all the same towers? I know the writers never go that far, but I sure as heck do think that it would be nice if on occasion they did, LOL! Sloppy details like that make me cringe.

Is this EJ paying Sami back for planning to get rid of Sydney? What's the point of all of this, when Sami is still the mother of his son?

• Members

Well, he has a reason to become evil and dark again. The man got lied to and played for a fool THREE times in a one year span. Given his history, having him be the one behind this couldn't possibly make more sense. All the signs were there. I think it's a logical twist but not all that surprising. It was pretty easy to figure out, even without spoilers.

Suzanne Rogers NAILED it today. Her scenes were brilliant.

Guest dc cubs

Suzanne was awesome today. At first Hope wasn't showing any emotion but that's because I think she was in shock. When she came back down to the kitchen she comforted Maggie. I'm glad they mentioned how frail Alice has become. That's going to be an issue as to why she isn't on screen but I think most people know that Frances Reid can no longer act due to her poor health.

I had to laugh at Sydney's expressions around EJ. She didn't seem too happy to see him.

Loved the Carly/Vivian scenes in the elevator. I'm loving Bo and Carly but Bo came off like an ass today in his conversation with Justin. Bo kissed Carly first and is now being a hypocrite about Justin kissing Hope.

Archived