DAYS: January Discussion

• Administrator

LOL!! You know I was looking at my watch, waiting for you! Whenever I say something negative, it's like your bat signal. :lol::P

I wouldn't even had that woman come up. It was such a weak way for the truth to come out. Bo didn't need to tell Hope where he was. The subject of the affair didn't need to come up at this time since they were dealing with Mickey's death. Have Hope discover the truth, like I said, in February....make it a Friday cliffhanger. Then you spend the next Monday and Tuesday with just Bo/Hope - they talk about the affair, they talk about everything, they talk about the past (show some flashbacks), they talk about how they got here....and finally they realize it's truly over. There's screaming, there's anger, there's sadness, lots of tears. You end Tuesday's episode with a song playing.....the last shot of the episode is Hope walking out the door, and it's just Bo standing there by himself in the living room (at their place)....fade/dissolve to a picture of Bo/Hope/Ciara....fade to black. Then on Friday's episode, it's another cliffhanger - Hope/Carly come face to face. Then the next Monday episode is Hope vs Carly. They go at it and at the end of this episode, Hope claps Carly. That's two big weeks during February sweeps!

Screw real world, I want SOAP OPERA! :) When the potential is big, I just get frustrated. All the pieces are there, but they're not being put together correctly.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They got bigger things planned for February.

As I said, I understand what your saying but there was no need to wait. The story was ready for these beats. You don't just hold back on something and give viewers several weeks of stalling just to hold things for sweeps, especially when you have other huge things going on in sweeps. You lose momentum (and ratings) and it also doesn't fit with this story. I will say what I said before to you again...I really do think you need to humor me and just look at this story for a few weeks from the perspective I described. It may not change anything but I think it would be interesting if you looked at it from the way I do just to see if it does make a difference with you. Stop thinking of it as some sort of traditional triangle and think about it as a character exploration tale for Bo and Hope as they try to rediscover who they are as people, whether they belong together and whether they have anything worth fighting for now that so many unresolved issues have come to light, and whether if things were different in the past (Hope returning, Carly leaving Salem, etc) it would've made a difference. This is not a cliched soap tale. it's complex, emotionally driven and character driven. It's much more real and you need realness on a soap opera to mix in with all the traditional elements because not every story can be that way. There needs to be variety.

If I thought about it from the perspective you do, I would find a ton of faults with it. I just know that is not the kind of story they are trying to tell so, if you will, humor me over the next few weeks and see if the perspective I've talked about changes your view of the story. If not, that's fine and I completely understand. I just think it would be interesting to see in what way, if any, this chances your perception of the story.

• Members

The real lesson of the SR storyline, for me, is that TIIC spent a lot of money hiring tons of newbies over the years and pros like Suzanne Rogers know how to bring it without breaking a sweat! I'd love to see Maggie, Lucas, and Hope rebuild the Horton clan. Aunt Mags needs Lucas. Shortsighted PTB.

I'm tempted to want beg for a Lucas/Melanie/Nate triangle and as much as I'm lovin' Nate and Melanie, I'd sorta' like to see Lucas happy, for once.

Am I the only Bo and Hope fan left? They're so much like Ridge and Brooke (BnB) for me. They're great together, but the writers keep splitting them up to sell chemistry challenged pairings and waste of time storylines and it just kills the show over the long run. Why not let Bo and Hope just be happy together for a while? Why are soap writers too lazy to write interesting storylines for happy couples?

• Members

Lucas' only role would be in the maggir story and maybe a few scenes with sami/will here and there tho. I think thats why they offered him recurring.

I HATE Bo & Hope, with a passion. I have seen there 80's stuff and they were legit then. Even when they both returned to the roles they were okay, but it wasnt the same and since then its gotten worse. They are an awful couple, IMHO. He is so much more fun and exciting away from her, and shes actually somehwat tolerable away from him. I dont think PR & KA have much more than okay chem either. But, the show did give them long stints of happiness. But happy is boring and boring leads you to off screen. I dont think its that they are lazy too, i just dont think happy = good soap. ever.

Bo has thrived in the past few months since getting away from her. I actually find myself enjoying her in scenes with other people. I hope the show keeps them apart for a long time. I dont even care if Bo & Carly work out, just dont waste him (and PR!) and Hopeless.

• Members

Loved the show today, BTW. Suzanne Rogers still continues her streak as being excellent! It was a nice touch seeing Mickey and Maggies bedroom.

Mia crying, I believed it. This actress is all over the place. One minute I think shes so boring and not good, and the next she's blowing my mind with her talent...Hope, Bo, Carly stuff was good, to.

Chloe, Daniel, Brady, Ari discussing Europe and the Opera over coffee was nice, to.

• Members

I've heard Lucas call her 'Aunt Maggie' recently. Not the others. Speaking of 'Neil Curtis' I wondered if this storyline would bring him back and what kinds of problems that would cause. Just in case it's still spoiler news

I haven't watched yesterday's ep yet, but I don't recall anyone mentioning Sarah.

• Members

She was mentioned earlier in the week but no return was in store for her. Sarah would be great as confidant to Sami. Natalie Zea (ex-Gwen, Passions) Deanna Wright (ex-Kay, Passions) seem to be great for the role of Sarah. Melissa would be great to come aboard to date Justin or little friendly time with Roman. Neil Curtis or Don Craig are two character you probably will never see again. I wish it would happen but it will never happen.

• Members

This week's episodes were really engaging, particularly Mickey's memorial and the Hope/Carly confrontation.

Carly just irks me, can't stand her. Hope can go into entitled Princess Hope Williams Brady mode all she wants.

Louise Sorel's hair finally got fixed this week as well. She looked MUCH better with that more elegant style. Fitted suits really flatter her, she's in terrific shape for hitting 70 this year.

Suzanne Rogers continues to shine, I can only hope the storyline continues to ramp up.

But, where oh where is Lauren Koslow? Is she on vacay? I miss Kate!

• Members

God love her, I adore Lindsey Hartley but given that everybody's acting on Days has stepped up about five gears (Suzanne Rogers, Crystal Chappell leading the way), she needs to improve some as well. Hell, Galen Gering is doing SO well and I thought he was just awful on Passions. Eric Martsolf, too. Lindsey carried Passions on her back, but I think she needs to sit down with an acting coach and determine who she wants Ariana to be and how she should handle confrontation scenes because yesterday, with FauxMan, she was awful. Chris Kostichek, with his face-lift and cotton-ballth in hith mouth grounded a scene she was making overwrought.

Speaking of GG, he really took command of yesterday's scenes with Sami and EJ. Got a new appreciation of Rafe now. He really is a great foil for Sami and I'm SO glad he's not a doormat. He is like Days' version of AW's Ryan Harrison.

EJ is so EVIL!! And I love it! It makes so much sense, after he found out about baby Grace. He was so viciously angry. He told her back then that he would never forgive Sami, and that only means one thing if you are a DiMera -- revenge. He loves having Sami close and turning to him, too. Twisted! He wants her and wants to punish her.

The Carly/Melanie story is starting to draw me in. Can't believe it -- unlike all of you, I am not a super-fan of Molly Burnett and her baby-doll voice. I love that Carly's this mysterious, sexy, mixed-up woman, but I cannot help but sympathise with Hope after losing both Mickey and Bo in, like, the same week.

Vivian vs. Kate tomorrow. YAY!

Archived