DAYS: January Discussion

• Members

When i met Susan Hayes she said her & Bill wouldnt mind appearing more often on Days. So, i am happy to see the show using them beyond the three episodes they originally came back for. I am also glad to see the show using Justin & Anna so much. This is how recurring on daytime should be done.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thin k that once EJ sees that Sami/Rafe have fallen apart he is going to regret whats hes doing as he cant swoop in and take her like he wants to.

LR is just too much for me. But i LOVE the way they are playing the story.

What was maggie drink of choice? She doesnt seem like a vodka lady. Im going with a whisky or scotch or something classy like that.

I hope she falls off the wagon and is a drunken mess!

I dont think they can be minimized much more than they are. lol.

Casey D. (chad) is an amazing find. I wouldnt be surprised when Chad finishes high school he gets tossed Melanies way since the actors are together in real life.

I need Hopelesstwitbitch to fall into another vat of acid, for real this time. She is the most hypocritcal, judgemental, vile piece of trash on this show. I hate her with everything in me. She left him, she took his kid away, she moved in with his father around all kinds of danger, she told him its over, she cut him out. So his life doesnt fall apart and she cant take it. I hope Bo & Carly have a nice relationship and Hope can choke on it and die. I have to move on now..

the story is just terrible. its actually not so much the story, the writing, or the acting. Its just not working. It doesnt fit. It doesnt seem to have a longterm purpose now (early on it tied in with dimvera vs kirikais but both have moved into other stories). Drop it, move on.

• Members

Loved the Mel\Viv\Carly scenes at Java Cafe. I was feeling so bad for Carly, though! Having to see her worst enemy talking to her daughter, and still having to hold back the truth about everything. I think CC is doing a really great job with this storyline, she makes it so believable and all the more intriguing to watch, IMO. Glad to have Carly back. Mel so should not be trusting Viv right now!! I was even liking Daniel. I usually despise him, LOL.

Daniel and Carly :wub:

• Members

That scene between Carly and Justin was FIRE. Finally these two are stepping up a gear. I love how all these characters in this quadrangle are not black-and-white good/bad. They all have good reasons as well as agendas for acting the way they are.

And even better was the Rafe and Sami scene. I love how even though this is a "slow period," the writers are avoiding repetition or filler flashbacks in favor of dialogue which deepens the relationships between protagonists. Seeing Rafe look so sad about how he has no claim on Sydney (and yet, as Sami's love and given his attachment to Grace, he is potentially another father figure for Sydney) and Sami's heart breaking on his behalf... that was a really affecting scene.

Contrasting the Vivian/Melanie scenes with Maggie/Melanie was a stroke of genius. I love that Vivian and Maggie are on the same level of importance in the Days-sphere.

Roman's cotton-wool voice shtill makesh me laugh sho hard. "Duh HEY-elle, Adwiana!"

Heh. Stefano doesn't trust EJ either.

• Members

So Enjoying my Days right now!!!I hope the sweeps bring us a drunken Maggie and a good friend to help her cope (Neil, Anyone?). wish they will get off Carly's back about going to Maggie's house. Carly was apart of Mickey/Maggie's life from 1990-1993 and they knew her and she knew them, of course was going to offer condolences to Maggie and Melissa. They all make Carly seem like a bad person to make Hope look good. I wish Melissa would have stayed longer and shared some scenes with Bo, Hope, and Justin and more Hortons could have return.

• Members

It's been a building week, enjoyable for sure though.

Vivian taking a shine to Melanie is a nice touch and it humanizes the character and keeps her grounded. If she'd gone after Melanie, it would have really been a bit much. Vivian is wicked, she isn't evil. It's clear that John Aniston is having fun acting with Louise Sorel again. It really was the perfect time to have Louise back on canvas, sometimes things just line up.

Kate and Phillip continue to be the parental misstep to watch. Lauren Koslow and Jay Kenneth Johnson have tremendous chemistry. I've noticed that with Koslow, she has really great chemistry with everyone she interacts with, she's been like that at Y&R and B&B as well. It really is something unique about her. I can't think of another actress who hasn't had a flop interaction.

By far my favourite recent scenes have been Maggie, alone, in her pyjamas, in her dark house. OHHHH I want DRUNK MAGGIE, I am practically salivating at the thought of it. It has the greatest potential for any story currently on the canvas. I want drunk Maggie for at least a few months, I want her drunk at Melanie's wedding, then drunk some more, then, if they must, they can do her intervention for May sweeps. I want it to last that long. I really, really, do.

• Members

Victor's choking laughter when Phillip asked him if he was in love with Vivian was hilarious. I loved Victor's nonchalant reaction when Phillip said that he often fell in love with difficult women. LOL!

I'm losing interest with the rest of Days, but Victor keeps me coming back.

• Members

Mark, you SHOULD watch, it's so much better than the rest of what's on daytime.

Lauren's chemistry with Josh Taylor was very popular among some fans, they even nicknamed the couple Kaman...she's the only person Josh Taylor has ever clicked with. 'Ol Cotton Mouth couldn't believe his luck with la Koslow.

John McCook, hmm...but wasn't that quite intentional? Margo freaking LOVED Eric, but he never quite 'got' it, he was dense. Which then resulted in Margo going after Bill Spencer Sr, plus a daliance with Clarke.

Guest dc cubs

I'm glad Days is showing Maggie grieve over Mickey. The scenes today with Maggie and the bottle of alcohol are a natural next step in this storyline. So many times once a character dies, everyone goes on like nothing happened so this is a nice change.

I always loved Michael Sabatino and enjoyed the Lawrence and Vivian scenes today. Vivian going through with her plan to kill Melanie will put her at odds with Victor. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

I'm enjoying the Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin quad. As Cat said everyone here is making mistakes and there is no clear bad person. That was some slap Carly gave Justin yesterday. Justin was being hypocritical in talking about not acting on his feelings for Hope. I guess he forgot pretty quickly about kissing Hope.

Hopefully we have come to the end of the drug storyline. I'm not a big EJ fan but I find there is chemistry between EJ and Arianna. The kidnapping storyline is dragging and needs to be wrapped up ASAP. I think Stefano is going to turn the tables on EJ somehow in this story.

• Members

Vivian (reading Edgar Allan Poe): Maybe I should wall her up in a basement. Let her starve to death...

Victor (exasperated): Damn it, woman! Are you going to sit there and fanatsize all day or are you going to act?!

Victor :wub:

• Members

Maggie toying with that bottle of (bourbon? scotch? rum?) was sooooo good.

I loved how Suzanne twisted the glass so that it sparkled in the light and then looked towards the picture of Mickey and then clutched the booze and the glass as if they were a baby in her arms.

The music in that scene was also very well chosen. Sort of Celtic but sinister at the same time.

The Vivian/Lawrence scenes were campy, but reminded me of the twisted relationship between those two.

Rafe/Sami/EJ is losing steam at this point, something needs to happen to spice it up.

And I really dig Hope the Angry Bitch. I really want her and Carly to engage in a full on catfight, complete with sequined evening gowns at Chez Rouge in front of the whole town.

Archived