DAYS: January Discussion

• Members

Today's Carly giving birth flashbacks with Lawrence were a bit strange. I thought they were really forced and heavy. And does anyone else have the feeling that Lawrence may still be alive?

I'm liking the interactions between Carly and Mel. Melanie is REALLY harsh towards Carly, LOL. But I really love how Carly is so calm with her, and doesn't just give up right away when Mel bashes her. The heart to heart conversation about Mel's parents was a nice touch, to. It was nice to see them somewhat bond with each other...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days is so good right now. I am loving everything. I really like how it all feels like it connects via the people. Maggie losing Mickey affected Melanie & Philip's marriage. It tied into Bo & Hopes issues, Bo & Carlys thing, Vivian going after Carly and her daughter who she now thinks is Melanie/Mia. Then they threw Kate in there and let Maggie own her! Even Sami/EJ/Rafe was played in this a little bit.

I love that hope/bo/carly & victor/vivan & melanie/philip are all coming topgether into a storyline with Kate and various others added in as well. I am really looking forward to Philip & Melanies wedding, as i assume thats where [!@#$%^&*] gets real.

Sami/EJ <3 but i cant go there... not after whats coming up... i just cant.

This drug storyline needs to end.

Also, where is the nuWill at?! He needs to air already so i can get more into the teen scene because right now im just loving mia/chad and mias flip to a bitch.

the carly/melanie scenes have been good. loved bo & philips convo as Vivian overheard and Bo knew she was.

• Members

ITA with everything you said. But yeah, where is the recast will at?? It's taking longer than usual for his stuff to start, I thought his scenes would start airing earlier. There still hasn't been an announcement as to when that will be, though. Hm.

One thing I don't agree with is Mia turning into a witch. I don't like it at all..I think it's so far fetch and unlike her to be so kniving now. And she switches on and off, one minute she's being a bitch to Gabby, and then she's at Graces grave site pouring her heart out. I like her when she's nice and vulnerable. I still want Mia to have an edge, but not at the caliber that's been formulating as of late. I do like how she's torn between Will and Chad.

• Members

Its taking so long because when we was hired days was at least 6-8 weeks ahead. i seen philip propose to melanie when i was at the set in early nov and thats didnt air til around christmas.

i like that mia turnes it on and off. shes only a bitch to gabby because shes jealous and doesnt like her. other than with her shes pretty much the same she has been. i like it and look forward to seeing more of it.

• Members

Ohh ok, I see now. Well, the nuWill can't get here fast enough, I just can't wait for the current one to be gone. No offense, LOL.

I just hope that Mia's jealousy doesn't turn her into a full on psycho, turning her whole life into ruining Gabby's. I still want her to maintain that vulnerable side of herself, and she needs to tell Chad her feelings. A rivalry between her and Gabby would be great, I just fear that Mia will make it her one goal to ruin Gabby's life or something :blink:.

• Members

After a year of major DiMera focus, I like that Days is switching gears and giving the Kiriakises some airplay. I also like the different ways they show this family, too. It's not about Victor being the town kingpin which I would imagine used to be a default setting. Carly's return and Hope moving into the Kiriakis mansion has rebounded on Bo and, by extension, Victor and Justin. It's also impacting on Melanie and, by extension, Philip. Then there is Vivian and Victor plotting. And Brady and Victor's relationship, coupled with Brady and Melanie's friendship. Bam, bam, bam. Gary Tomlin is playing this on many different levels and I love it! The relaionship between Carly and Melanie has got me hooked and it must be helping to solidify Crystal Chappell's return as it doesn't make Carly All About Bo.

I am not feeling all the teens. Sorry. The actress playing gabby is thankfully competent and all, and I understand that days is a show that gives all generations equal airplay, but I saw those teens all together and I was struck by a horrible thought -- Salem High 3.0. Is this the hand of Corday? I hope they give them a regular amount of screentime and don't make the show all about them because, riht now, Days has me hooked with its other SLs -- Sydney's kidnapping, Carly/Melanie etc., and Maggie coping with Mickey's death.

JP... is something even worse than EJ planning Sydney's kidnapping going to happen?! Don't give me details, just nod "yes" or "no."

• Members

Yup. The show is playing every single beat and connection with victor/bo/justin/philip/brady/carly/melanie/hope/vivian it can and also adding in maggie and kate as much as it can without forcing them into the story and playing stephanie, nathan, and others when needed. i loved the way bo/melanie and carly/philip scenes played back to back. it was brilliant, IMHO.

we are so not headed to salem high, thankfully. i think the show has done a really good job of playing the teen set as a solid b story. it never drives an episode or anything. they all are usually not together in a scene either. that was a rare thing. and two of the players are recurring. i wouldnt worry.

• Members

All caught up on my episodes and here's where I'm at...

The show is amazing.

The Samiy/EJ/Rafe/Anna storyline is moving along well and the relationship between Rafe and Sami is falling apart at just the right pace. Whatever EJ does is going to be so vile, I really hope the writing doesn't box him into a corner too badly. I love that Anna is involved, Leann Hunley is a delight.

Vivian. Where do I start except FABULOUS. Louise Sorel really makes people up their acting, Kristian Alfonso is really watchable in her scenes with Louise. I prefer naughty Hope to Ms Goody Goody. Louise and Lauren Koslow still have it, I just want to see more, more, more! I also think Louise has fabulous chemistry with Molly Burnett and I think it's going to make the Melanie is Carly's daughter reveal all the juicier, Vivian actually seems to like Melanie, so it's going to be explosive. I loved when Vivian said "Be still my heart" to Melanie's musings about marriage. Really good, touching writing.

Maggie. There seemed to be some foreshadowing going on in her scenes with Kate when Kate said "I don't know how you get through something like this without something harder than coffee" (lines to that effect). I REALLY hope we're going to get Drunk Maggie. And I really hope we get her at Melanie and Phillip's wedding and for a few months after that. I really, really, really, do not want Suzanne's storyline to wrap up quickly, it's been SO great to see her in one at all.

The Teens. They really need to be minimized because the only good actor in the lot is the one playing Chad. He's a talent, engaging and likeable even though his character has been a jerk for most of his time on the show. Gabby is tolerable, as is Mia. But Will, Kenzie and that random guy are all terrible.

Bo/Hope/Carly/Victor/Justin is excellent because I am so on Hope's side in this and like that Hope is being kind of against type in how she's acting. Hope is almost excited at the prospect of going with Justin and her discussions with Julie (Susan Seaforth Hayes and Kristian Alfonso have chemistry to die for) are interesting. The Julie/Hope dynamic is unique in daytime, Julie's her sister and (let's face it) her mother too. If Susan Seaforth Hayes hadn't been, to her own admission, such a bitch to Ken Corday when he started as EP, she would be in a much more central role. I think she adds something to the show now that Frances Reid is not appearing, though I think Maggie is much more the Horton matriarch.

The Drug storyline is lame, though it's clear that Lindsay Hartley is making an attempt. I do think she needs to figure out how she wants to play Arianna. She is not a bad actress and she carried Passions for a decade, she's capable of much better than she's doing on DAYS, though it isn't bad work. She just needs to make a decision, she did that with the Theresa character on Passions, she can do it on DAYS.

Archived